Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton fans on clapham junction platform 2002

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Hi all bit of a long shot just wondering if anyone had a picture of all the Brighton fans on clapham junction platform in 2002 on that horrible day we lost 5 0 to the Palarse.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hi all bit of a long shot just wondering if anyone had a picture of all the Brighton fans on clapham junction platform in 2002 on that horrible day we lost 5 0 to the Palarse.

Have you seen the ' Casual Look ' book? There are some photos of Albion fans from that day, without going to look I'm not sure which station the photos were taken at.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

I drove that day but was still kettled for an hour towards the station. Bet there are some long faces on that platform.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Why would you want to look at it? Are you a masochist?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Left at half time. Only time I have ever left a game early. Not been back since, just too soon.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Left at half time. Only time I have ever left a game early. Not been back since, just too soon.

I tried to leave at half time and the police wouldn't let us out saying it was unsafe.

Arranged to meet some Palace friends post match in Caterham, they got to the pub two hours before us. Such fun it was being locked in and kettled back to Norwood Junction.

I have been back since, you should go our results have been good of late.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I managed to slip the cordon that day. Not sure how. But got on a train at Selhurst.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

No - but I remember being on a train passing through (was coming to the match ftom Victoria rather than Brighton) and was stunned at how hundreds of our fans had just completely taken over the station and were singing anti-Palace chants at full volume. A lot of older Brighton hoolies seemed to have come out of the woodwork for that one. Woman opposite me, appalled at the yobbish behaviour she wss witnessing, turned to her friend and said "Disgusting!"

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I haven't unfortunately.The photo was taken before they game I 've seen it I think on a thread here but it was a while ago. I was in the picture I just wanted to show my boy.I 'll have to have a look for that book.cheers

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
And they replayed the bloody goals endlessly after the match.
I went with a mate of mine who's a Carlisle fan and he had to get back to Tooting to go out with his (then) girl friend. The police wouldn't let us out and when we did eventually get out we were marched by sinister looking SPG types all the way to Norwood Junction. Horrible day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here