Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cardiff v Swansea BUFFOONERY

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nothing new I know, but the police have made this a "bubble game" again, meaning Swansea's away fans can only attend if they are stepping off an official Swansea supporters coach, which leaves the Liberty Stadium at 7.45am this Sunday. Even if they live in Cardiff.

Wales Online have published an article that includes online reactions from some of those affected. Among them is Tim Lewis, who tweeted: “Application to travel independently to the #SouthWalesDerby turned down So instead of walking 1 mile to ground I’ll have to go to Swansea at 6am (no trains, obvs), back to C’diff, then back to S’sea after game and back to C’diff. 200-mile round trip instead of 2!”

From Guto Llewelyn, another affected Swansea fan, came this tweet: “My application wasn’t successful so despite living just a 20 minute walk from the Cardiff City Stadium, on Sunday I will have to leave the house at 6.30, drive to Swansea to catch a bus to a game that’s on my doorstep and I probably won’t be home until around 6pm.”

Bonkers.

If you were unfortunate enough to live in Croydon, would you bother yomping all the way down to the Amex to pick up a coach back up to Selhurst for the game?? Stuff that. There's no way I'd be making the return coach journey after the game btw, there's got to be a way around that (unless you HAD to go all the way back to fetch your car or something).

Ridiculous state of affairs. The police should be well capable by now of controlling this game without resorting to putting fans through this kind of faff.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Get Greta involved - think of the climate !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only got themselves to blame.
The fans should be capable enough of going to a game without a massive police presence.

PPF will be lubed up and ready for action.

el punal

Talking of buffoons, Crystal Palace are a-visiting us on a Saturday, albeit with a 12.30 kick off, on the 29th February. That should be interesting from the controlling the naughty boys aspect. As a matter of interest when was the last time we played Palace at home on a Saturday?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only got themselves to blame.
The fans should be capable enough of going to a game without a massive police presence.

The vast majority of them most certainly are. As always though, a few cerebrally malnourished dimbots screw the whole thing up for everyone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The vast majority of them most certainly are. As always though, a few cerebrally malnourished dimbots screw the whole thing up for everyone.

Is it not slightly more than 'a few'?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Yes, that's the way I see it as well. Not been to either ground since we've been down the divisions, so maybe it's all changed now, but when I went to Cardiff, they had by far the worst fans I've ever seen. Wasn't individuals, or a dozen. Several hundred fans, starting on families and people getting off the supporters coach, who blatantly aren't equipped to fight and blatantly weren't there for a fight (like me).

Absolutely no attempt by stewards or police to lift a finger, they had the attitude, "well you're stupid enough to come here what do you expect". The club seemed to revel in it as well, Firestarter as the pre match warm up etc.

Swansea was fine, but that was midweek, wet and bloody cold when I went donkey years ago.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Talking of buffoons, Crystal Palace are a-visiting us on a Saturday, albeit with a 12.30 kick off, on the 29th February. That should be interesting from the controlling the naughty boys aspect. As a matter of interest when was the last time we played Palace at home on a Saturday?

15th September 1984

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The Sheep will certainly be lubed up. :lolol:

Sheep - Imgur.gif

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, that's the way I see it as well. Not been to either ground since we've been down the divisions, so maybe it's all changed now, but when I went to Cardiff, they had by far the worst fans I've ever seen. Wasn't individuals, or a dozen. Several hundred fans, starting on families and people getting off the supporters coach, who blatantly aren't equipped to fight and blatantly weren't there for a fight (like me).

Absolutely no attempt by stewards or police to lift a finger, they had the attitude, "well you're stupid enough to come here what do you expect". The club seemed to revel in it as well, Firestarter as the pre match warm up etc.

Swansea was fine, but that was midweek, wet and bloody cold when I went donkey years ago.

Didn’t see any aggro when we were last at Cardiff, other than losing to a ****ing offside goal. TBF though the city was mobbed because it was a rugby day as well. There was a fair amount of angst at our last Swansea game but that was directed at the Swansea board/ownership. Walked back into town chatting to Swansea fans, no bother at all.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fans from both clubs should boycott both fixtures. That would sort it. The British don't do that though, they'd rather moan and moan and carry on as normal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

More than a handful then, but far less than the vast majority, who just want to go and see a derby game without pretending they want to go and stove someones head in.

If they MUST have this coach-only rule for away fans, then why can't Swansea fans who reside in Cardiff just be collected by the coach at a designated pick-up point outside the city, instead of having to trail ALL the way to Swansea and back ?

Oh hang on, I know. They're football fans, so f*ck 'em. Anything goes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More than a handful then, but far less than the vast majority, who just want to go and see a derby game without pretending they want to go and stove someones head in.

If they MUST have this coach-only rule for away fans, then why can't Swansea fans who reside in Cardiff just be collected by the coach at a designated pick-up point outside the city, instead of having to trail ALL the way to Swansea and back ?

Oh hang on, I know. They're football fans, so f*ck 'em. Anything goes.
So you're in favour of relaxing these quite draconian rules down to the level of just 'over policed'.

I admire your confidence.

Don't get me wrong it is fudging insane that such matters are thought to be needed, for a football match.
Although the measures would suggest there are more than enough fans who don't see it that way.

With plenty more like our own pet 800m run(away)ner goading on from the comfort of their armchair.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So you're in favour of relaxing these quite draconian rules down to the level of just 'over policed'.

I admire your confidence.

Don't get me wrong it is fudging insane that such matters are thought to be needed, for a football match.
Although the measures would suggest there are more than enough fans who don't see it that way.

With plenty more like our own pet 800m run(away)ner goading on from the comfort of their armchair.

Well what goes on in south Wales is no skin of my nose either way. Just strikes me as a ludicrous state of affairs that if you live in Cardiff but happen to support Swansea, and want to go to the game, you're automatically assumed by the authorities to be subhuman scum that must be properly contained and controlled. I'm bollocksed if I'd put up with all that ponce just to go to a game (which is probably the primary objective - just put people off bothering going at all).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It is clearly ridiculous that Swansea fans living in Cardiff need to travel to Swansea and back in order to see the game. There's no other conversation to be had about it - there's no justification, no excuse, no fair reasoning for it. It's overkill in the extreme.

Football needs to remind itself it's a game, it shouldn't be an opportunity for a tribal dust up and it shouldn't require coppers to wear body armour, horses to wade into the middle of any scuffles and people to travel hours out of their way in order to return to where they came from in order to attend the game. Ridiculous state of affairs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do Yorkshire Police still do this buffoonery for when Millwall visit Leeds

Even if they don't I'm sure they blooming well would if the two were 20 miles apart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here