Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Jessie Lingard

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I agree.

He was okay for us, better than most of the loans we’ve had.

Don’t forget he was very young then and has gone on to have a good career, so must have done something right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering he was here whilst Hyypia was manager, I thought he did quite well. Leeds away was a highlight.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I thought he did well for us and he has improved and matured since then. Yes, I think he would fit our midfield, but his fee and wages are no doubt out of our reach at the moment.
Also would question his attitude as a “big star” for a workmanlike team.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Considering he was here whilst Hyypia was manager, I thought he did quite well. Leeds away was a highlight.

Lingard was here under Garcia. But yes he did do well and was a more effective partner to Ulloa than Barnes after we’d sold him to Burnley.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lingard was here under Garcia. But yes he did do well and was a more effective partner to Ulloa than Barnes after we’d sold him to Burnley.

Ah ok. My memory is not what is was, although I do remember that Leeds game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I used to quite rate him as a footballer but he has been shithouse since the World Cup.

You're spot on here. In the WC, and leading up to it, he looked a proper player, building on that clear promise he illustrated when on loan with us, but since then he's looked like someone that runs around a lot, and at pace, with no clue how to play the game.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would've said China beckons but that particular pot of gold has changed somewhat, he'll go wherever he can get the most money and get away with the least commitment to football possible, a wasted career in my opinion, in other words I feel he could've achieved more if he'd had the right level of focus, dedication and commitment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah ok. My memory is not what is was, although I do remember that Leeds game.

Think it was Holla who was awesome that game. Then had a rapid decline!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's been stealing a living for a couple of years now. Was bang average for us, I had no desire to see him stay on for another season, and having seen some of his social media stuff, he comes across as a bit of an immature prick.

I wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick, but some mug club like West Ham will probably take him on (and regret it).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I thought he was good for us but not spectacular. Better than most Premier League loans we had but nowhere near Bridge level.

Not that we could afford his salary but, I think he’d be adept at Potterball.

I can remember the first game he played for us my brother turned to me at one point and said "He's a proper player". I always liked him, whilst accepting that he hasn't exactly set the world alight.

I can't help thinking he might flourish under Mr Potter, but it's not going to happen.... and neither should it. If we were going to pay silly money for someone, I would want to be more sure of the outcome.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I used to quite rate him as a footballer but he has been shithouse since the World Cup.

That is about right, IMO. You could see he was going to play at a higher level than Championship when he was with us - his finishing was OK, he had a bit of pace but was a bit lightweight. However, his running off the ball was as good as anyone I had seen at the club until then. I have no idea why it has gone so wrong for him in the past year and a bit, because as you say he was shaping up to be a very good player until that World Cup.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You're fast becomig a parody of your former self.

My guess is that this is deliberate.

And...you have reeled in more fish. Top bombing :lolol:

If we're talking about being deliberately provocative, I know we are not meant to introduce politics in to anything but the Politics thread, so should Crodonilson be told to change his avatar...….. or be made to comment only on politics threads?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Why would we loan a winger/wideman/wingback with questionable ability when we have our own in Match to come back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That was Texeira, if you’re thinking of the Leeds game where we looked ok under Hyppia.

Think it was Holla who was awesome that game. Then had a rapid decline!

So apart from the wrong manager, and the wrong player, it's not bad for a Tuesday morning? :wink::wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
....or JLingz as he is affectionately known in football circles.

Looks like he may have played his last game for Man U tonight, taken off at half time with I’ll was, if true a sad way for a club legend to bow out. Shame he’s out of our price range, would be a fantastic addition but United only entertaining offers of £50m+ and his wages of £140k per week are out of our ballpark despite the high affection in which he holds us. Can see him going to Villa or West Ham in the OL although some big European clubs like Bayern and Inter also circling.
I do absolutely ruddy love crodo threads like this though, with the home-made comedy nickname and the extravagant over emphasis on his achievements and overall worth, Vintage crodo, proper funny.

A shame not to have added the term "glittering career" in with "club legend" though. Would have nudged this post from 7.5/10 to 8/10.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
isn't he looking after a sick parent..?

Yes but he's got loads of money so that shouldn't matter, of course.

Anyway apparently he is just signing up with super-agent Mino Raiola - so any move is going to be mega millions and likely a bad deal for any club, so counts us out

I actually think if we were in a slightly stronger league position it could be a good investment.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he came here (and I hugely doubt he will) he'd be an upgrade on our current options as he's more mobile and pacey than Gross. Mind you so are most oil tankers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here