A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Jessie Lingard had never had that loan spell at the Albion, would this thread ever have run to 9 pages and 84 posts? . . . I think not.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Good player when he was with us.jose maurinho agrees with me.unfortunately lingard is at a crap club that is poorly run with quite a toxic atmosphere happening behind the scenes.im sure it would do him good to get back to the albion.i would be happy to see him back.maybe the ashworth /England connection will see Jesse return.....

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
We seem to have one thread on Jesse Lingard and another on Jessie Lingard. Perhaps they should be merged??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Came on late tonight and made one incredible run from his own half only stopped by a last ditch tackle. 2 in 2 as well before tonight, definitely getting back near his best but don't see him getting in the current United side.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
My advice . . . avoid like the plague.

Don't buy a top club 'cast off' who will simply look back at his time when he was someone and treat your club as a back-up option. Sign players on the way up who see your club as an opportunity to move forward.

p.s. Lallana is a different situation altogether due to his age, and Potter will no doubt have learned if he is still motivated or looking for a final pay day. The player also had options but chose Brighton over the expected move to Leicester.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
My advice . . . avoid like the plague.

Don't buy a top club 'cast off' who will simply look back at his time when he was someone and treat your club as a back-up option. Sign players on the way up who see your club as an opportunity to move forward.

p.s. Lallana is a different situation altogether due to his age, and Potter will no doubt have learned if he is still motivated or looking for a final pay day. The player also had options but chose Brighton over the expected move to Leicester.

My advice?

Stick to the Ben White thread.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I don't see why people think it'd be a bad signing...Ok some may think he has an irritating personality/celebration etc but as a footballer he isn't bad at all. It may bring out the best in Trossard and Mac Allister.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I don't see why people think it'd be a bad signing...Ok some may think he has an irritating personality/celebration etc but as a footballer he isn't bad at all. It may bring out the best in Trossard and Mac Allister.

Because he’s a bit shit. And expensive. £80k a week for a ‘celebrity’ footballer. No thanks.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Because he’s a bit shit. And expensive. £80k a week for a ‘celebrity’ footballer. No thanks.

I just fail to see how somebody who has made over 100 appearances for Manchester United, and played multiple times at International level including at the World Cup would be 'a bit shit'.

Ok he may be expensive that's fine I understand not wanting to spend the wages on him but ability wise I don't think it'd be a bad signing at all.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I just fail to see how somebody who has made over 100 appearances for Manchester United, and played multiple times at International level including at the World Cup would be 'a bit shit'.

Ok he may be expensive that's fine I understand not wanting to spend the wages on him but ability wise I don't think it'd be a bad signing at all.

Have you watched him play recently? He's totally lost any idea of what his game is. He reminds me a lot of David Bentley. He had an idea what it was he did, but once it's gone it's very hard to get back. Lingard didn't even give a hint of being a footballer last season and hasn't for a couple of years in honesty. I know he's had his problems off the pitch and maybe he's able to get back to a level which justifies his ludicrous salary but he's not a player we should be contemplating at this point. Especially given what we've already got in our squad.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Have you watched him play recently? He's totally lost any idea of what his game is. He reminds me a lot of David Bentley. He had an idea what it was he did, but once it's gone it's very hard to get back. Lingard didn't even give a hint of being a footballer last season and hasn't for a couple of years in honesty. I know he's had his problems off the pitch and maybe he's able to get back to a level which justifies his ludicrous salary but he's not a player we should be contemplating at this point. Especially given what we've already got in our squad.

I agree of late he hasn't been great at all, confidence must be low watching Manchester United bringing in Bruno Fernandes and Van De Beek albeit they are much better players. I think a move would do him a world of good, whether that's to us or whether it's elsewhere.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Bentley comparison is a great one.

I’m remember seeing him score a winning free kick for the England U23’s at the new Wembley test event. ‘The next Beckham’ I thought as I left the stadium. But he was the opposite to Beckham in terms of attitude, willingness to train the hardest, and work ethic.

Lingard is an overpaid celeb footballer. Let Manure pay him to the end of his contract as he’ll never find a club who’ll match his salary there.

Someone like Wilson from Liverpool or Brooks from ‘Muff would be so much better for us. Not that we really need either.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

100 appearances for United during arguably their most devoid of talent and worst team for over a generation.

And don’t get me started on why flattering to deceive for England is no barometer of a decent player. For me he’s a much worse option than what we currently have and more expensive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here