Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Jessie Lingard

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not sure of the point you are trying to make.

Football is a team game and the aim is to win games.

West Ham are a better team than us.Simple

This, the manager may have plenty of ideals but the idea and tactics he's using utilise the best strengths of the squad he has at his dispoable. **** stats, they have points, enough points to play any way they want already . . . .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Another assist and another goal from him tonight including a stunning solo effort.

That's 6 goals and 4 assists in 8 Premier League games for, not good enough for Brighton, Jesse Lingard now.

I love this thread and the other Lingard one, some brilliant posts.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm sorry, I tried to leave it as long as I could, but following on from his brilliant 2 goal display at the weekend, Lingard is now being linked with moves to PSG, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

But we definitely don't want him here do we?!

you'll get a bigger bite if you post about BLM , Brexit , Bojo or Asylum seekers ....football is secondary right now .....top post though , i think with Potter as manager , Lingard would be a totally different proposition........man u probably won't sell him now.:)

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Correct. Because who would he replace? Would you prefer him to Trossard or Mac Allister? Never for me. No matter how many times he plays against a goalkeeper determined to make Maty Ryan look imposing, you won't find me believing he's worth getting near our team. I will say he's playing a lot better than I expected him to, but he's giving the ball away as much as I expected and he gives away needless free kicks whenever he's back defending. We'll see how he gets on between now and the end of the season, but he's already done a hell of a lot more than I gave him credit for being capable of.

I think he could have come on as sub for the final 5mins in games rather than Ali J, other than that, West Ham were welcome to him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yeah but we've got Jahanbakhsh, who's the Iranian Lingard.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would have liked to seen him back but the chance has gone now.
He will either go back to man u and a regular place or be sold for mega bucks to someone else.

Hell no, absolutely not good enough for the Albion, that would mean I accept that I got him wrong, not going to happen :lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
JLingz would have been a fantastic signing, but for many on here we were too goo for him.

Plenty of humble pie to be eaten on here.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
JLingz would have been a fantastic signing, but for many on here we were too goo for him.

Plenty of humble pie to be eaten on here.

Yes, a certain half manchild, half short legged omnivore poster asked me, "At what point will you accept he's every bit as bad as a lot of us think he is?"

Think I've been proved just about correct on good old JLingz. Quality player.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I have absolutely no problem at all saying congratulations to him. He's been extremely impressive at West Ham, scoring goals and creating them as well. I think Sky said that since his debut, nobody has scored more in the Premier League than he has which is a remarkable stat. He's in the form of his life and absolutely deserves to be in the England squad on form, rather than name alone. If he can keep up this form then he'll be a top player, in my opinion for the first time in his career. So far he's coasted along with the occasional performance or two in a row, but with plenty of nothing matches in between. At West Ham he's been fantastic in every game and has really helped them solidify their place in the league, despite a few injuries to key players.

I absolutely did not see it coming! I also wonder if he's realised in the last couple of years that a football career can be over in the blink of an eye, and if he seriously wants to be a successful player then he needs to work harder at it. Maybe the time away has changed his attitude or maybe the external influences have changed. Who knows - but he's playing incredibly and has absolutely shut me up! Well played young man.

Happy Exile

NSC Patreon
Apr 19, 2018
I absolutely did not see it coming! I also wonder if he's realised in the last couple of years that a football career can be over in the blink of an eye, and if he seriously wants to be a successful player then he needs to work harder at it. Maybe the time away has changed his attitude or maybe the external influences have changed. Who knows - but he's playing incredibly and has absolutely shut me up! Well played young man.

I heard a radio thing where the change was put down to him addressing long-standing mental issues and putting a lot of work into being "mentally fit". I think his mum suffers clinical depression and he got help he's needed for a long time to manage his own responses to that and the responsibility that comes with it, and that's refocused and re-energised him.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Top class player ,I liked him when he played for us and since then he has come on leaps and bounds . Good luck to him, I am sure he will be with England this Summer and a monster club by next season. NB it shows that Man U were wrong to ditch Moyes as well.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Top class player ,I liked him when he played for us and since then he has come on leaps and bounds . Good luck to him, I am sure he will be with England this Summer and a monster club by next season. NB it shows that Man U were wrong to ditch Moyes as well.

If a loan move reignited his career surely it was the right move for both parties? not sure where he fits in at Man Utd, they have Cavani, Rashers and Fernandez with Greenwood and James coming through

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here