Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he singed yet?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Don't believe I said anything about what I think of him as a player. Only asked a question whether it was a fair comparison. 🤷

Fair enough. I said his Man Utd stats were spread over 3 seasons which they were, not 3 full seasons. And whilst you can compare starts and sub appearances you could also factor in Man Utd's better service, him coming on when they were winning etc.

Fair play to Southgate for sticking with him but you can't help thinking he should have joined West Ham. You don't spend all that money on Ronaldo and Sancho to keep them on the bench, plus Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood etc.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Fair enough. I said his Man Utd stats were spread over 3 seasons which they were, not 3 full seasons. And whilst you can compare starts and sub appearances you could also factor in Man Utd's better service, him coming on when they were winning etc.

Fair play to Southgate for sticking with him but you can't help thinking he should have joined West Ham. You don't spend all that money on Ronaldo and Sancho to keep them on the bench, plus Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood etc.

For footballing reasons, absolutely. However West Ham weren't going to get close to his Man Utd contract terms, so take football out of it for a second, he'll likely get £4m or so this year for turning up for training and getting the odd minutes here and there, then in June he will be a free agent where likely he will have more attractive suitors than West Ham offering a bumper signing on fee and very decent salary to boot. Then if he does get loaned out this season, can still get some football under his belt. He might also have ambitions to play in Spain or Italy and feels waiting Covid out for another year gives him a great chance of a dream move next summer. Hypothetical of course, but could be very reasonable thinking behind his decisions.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
[...] can't help thinking he should have joined West Ham. You don't spend all that money on Ronaldo and Sancho to keep them on the bench, plus Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood etc.

Did he even have that choice? From what I've seen, it sounds a lot like Man U set the asking price too high and West Ham backed off, leaving Lingard with no say in the matter. Ironically, that may have been a direct result of how well he played while on loan at West Ham.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I’d hold Donald Trump in high affection if he paid me £140k a week. But anyway, I commend your sneaky fishing trip Crod because you know that we know that you know...he always was a bit shite. :wave:

I wouldn't take a pence from Donald Trump, the slithering creep.

Jessie Lingard has never been a bit shite. He was working his way through the EFL system and became a very bright star in the Premier League. The Albion were very lucky to ever have him.

Get it, Pence, Vice President, Mike Pence was my governor in Indiana for a bit.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Player might be wanting something approximating to modest EPL level wages for a player of his pedigree. So its a NO from TB then Jeff :nono:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Doesn’t seem a good fit here but was happy to have had him in the Champ. Never felt he had any real ties here though so no more likely to come than to go anywhere else. Geordie land for big wages seems the obvious fit and can help them in the Champ next season just like he did for us all those years ago.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely he'll end up at Newcastle, a no-brainer for all concerned:

1. Man Utd will be happier to sell to a club near the foot of the table, rather than another top half club they are competing with.
2. Closer to home for Lingard.
3. Newcastle have deeper pockets than the rest.
4. He's proved he can still deliver whilst on loan at West Ham.
5. Guaranteed first team football.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We'd probably get a good deal - they don't want him to go to West Ham as they push for top 4 - could damage Man Utd. They don't want to do business with the Saudis.

Not sure we need him though, although another attacking option I guess

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Ours for a £12m loan fee by all accounts.

Manure want him rotting in the reserves. Mind you, with Greenwood unavailable for the foreseeable…..

Any idea what his wages would cost us, if he came here? I'd have thought rather too high to be of interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here