Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A259 Travel Chaos

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Makes perfect sense to do the work the week everyone is back in work and school rather than the 2 weeks over Christmas and new year when traffic is reduced.

Took me half an hour to get from Ovingdean to Rottingdean earlier and that wasn't even at rush hour.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Valley Gardens delays, Eastern Road Road works, continuing works and delays in Lewes Road and 12 weeks of works about to start at Preston Circus ffs, who decides and signs off these works on main transport routes all at the same time?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One of those things these days, "Rush Hours" are about 2-3 hours In the morning and 3-4 hours afternoons in to evening, too many people on the roads, too many bigger SUV's, rubbish overpriced rail networks, outside of Brighton poor bus networks, too many people have to travel further for work. Other than that ….

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1213853892397719553[/tweet]

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Disgusting absurd decision from some clever office bod to do this work this week. Why couldn't it of been done overnight?
That too easy? People East of Rottingdean are already cut off with the amount of traffic going to Brighton in the morning and heading home at night. Couldn't they open up the bus lanes when they decide road works at stupid times? Or even better just get rid of the bus lanes all together.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Makes perfect sense to do the work the week everyone is back in work and school rather than the 2 weeks over Christmas and new year when traffic is reduced.

Took me half an hour to get from Ovingdean to Rottingdean earlier and that wasn't even at rush hour.

It’s Southern Water repairing a leak by laying new pipes, so I don’t think it’s planned works. They hope to be finished by tomorrow evening.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Norfolk Bridge traffic lights are for two weeks starting last Monday

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
It’s Southern Water repairing a leak by laying new pipes, so I don’t think it’s planned works. They hope to be finished by tomorrow evening.

I'd only just seen that it was "emergency" works, so I'll let them off. I'll be heading to work via Newhaven and the A27 for the next couple of days then, and any time the A27 is the preferred option something has gone very wrong.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I left for work at 6:45 this morning, I got to the Texaco garage at 6:50 and at 7:00 had got as far as the Telscombe Tavern. Turned around and went via Newhaven, Rodmell and Kingston to get to Brighton. A 20 minute journey turned into an hour long slog.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Front page today:-

leeds.jpg

D

Deleted member 22389

Absolutely terrible this morning. The A259 was at standstill both ways in Peacehaven, when I walked my daughter to school. You can't get in and you can't get out. Feel sorry for people trying to get to work, and I also feel sorry for anyone that needs the emergency services.

The sooner they build a bypass at the back of Peacehaven to join the A26 the better, completion date 2050.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here