Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] January transfer window affecting The Premier

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That means Villa can't sing anyone else from Chelsea on loan - so no Giroud for them.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That means Villa can't sing anyone else from Chelsea on loan - so no Giroud for them.

They can't sign Giroud on loan but they can sign him premanently, so still possible/probable to happen given the money they have available and size of club they are.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They can't sign Giroud on loan but they can sign him premanently, so still possible/probable to happen given the money they have available and size of club they are.
No chance Giroud will sing for them permanently.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No chance Giroud will sing for them permanently.

If they're willing to pay his £180k a wages I don't see why not, and it's a big exciting project as their owners want CL football within 3 years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If they're willing to pay his £180k a wages I don't see why not, and it's a big exciting project as their owners want CL football within 3 years.

Shame they appear to be more likely to be playing Championship football next season than CL football anytime soon :smile:

Another one man team like Palace

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shame they appear to be more likely to be playing Championship football next season than CL football anytime soon :smile:

Another one man team like Palace

Indeed.

They've already lost McGinn probably for the rest of the season. If Grealish gets crocked then they are royally stuffed. A disinterested Drinkwater will make little to no difference to their chances of staying up.

BTW, Grealish should be a SHOO-IN for the next England squad. He pisses all over Mason Mount, and although I like Maddison, he's more dynamic than him as well for that No10 role IMO.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Indeed.

They've already lost McGinn probably for the rest of the season. If Grealish gets crocked then they are royally stuffed. A disinterested Drinkwater will make little to no difference to their chances of staying up.

BTW, Grealish should be a SHOO-IN for the next England squad. He pisses all over Mason Mount, and although I like Maddison, he's more dynamic than him as well for that No10 role IMO.

Agree totally re: Grealish.

Whilst I’m certainly no fan of Villa and I hope they go down this season, there is something really enjoyable about watching Grealish play for them. He and the fans clearly have a special bond and the atmosphere at Villa Park is amazing when he’s turning it on. There is something of the Roy of the Rovers cliche about it.

He has been absolutely superb this season.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
BTW, Grealish should be a SHOO-IN for the next England squad. He pisses all over Mason Mount

You mean this guy - :wanker:

Grealish-IReland-ev-2.jpg

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
It will be interesting to see what impact the transfers have - don't think Rodwell will make a big difference at Sheff U.

Darren Randolph will make a difference at West Ham, better than any of the goalkeepers they have at the moment.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Drink water lol. Imagine the melt down if we signed him. The exact opposite of what I’d want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Why isn’t Grealish selected for England?

Probably the same reason Roy Keane was overlooked for his entire career by the England setup.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whilst I’m certainly no fan of Villa and I hope they go down this season, there is something really enjoyable about watching Grealish play for them.

There's something even more enjoyable about seeing his sad little face and terrible hair when they lose though.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Surely Villa aren't picking up his 6 figure weekly wage. That's what Chelsea were rumoured to be demanding but nobody's that stupid, are they?

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Agree totally re: Grealish.

Whilst I’m certainly no fan of Villa and I hope they go down this season, there is something really enjoyable about watching Grealish play for them. He and the fans clearly have a special bond and the atmosphere at Villa Park is amazing when he’s turning it on. There is something of the Roy of the Rovers cliche about it.

He has been absolutely superb this season.

Definitely reminds me of a young Ronaldo. Great to watch (despite the hair)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here