Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] astronomy

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Are there any budding astronomers on here. I have a strange (IMO) night sky picture which I cannot explain.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very amateur!

If there is something odd you can’t place, why don’t you download skywalk 2. My best app I have and great fun checking out the night sky!

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I entered the raffle at a meeting of my local astronomy club.
I didn't win the £500 telescope but won a jigsaw puzzle of Ursa Major and Orion the Great Hunter. It was the constellation prize.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Taurus.

What? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Went to see Brian Cox in the summer, mind blown

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I was taking a series of pictures on xmas day (yes i know but the sky was very clear and i had just finished the dishes) these are the penultimate and last one.....

and no i am not trying to take the mickey...i have the original RAW image on the camera card still these have been edited to cut down the size and improve the contrast...

Can you crop a section of the lines in the second image, and export the crop full size? (ie. 1:1)

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I was taking a series of pictures on xmas day (yes i know but the sky was very clear and i had just finished the dishes) these are the penultimate and last one.....

View attachment 118901

View attachment 118902

and no i am not trying to take the mickey...i have the original RAW image on the camera card still these have been edited to cut down the size and improve the contrast...

Looks to me like Pleiades mid right, with M35 open cluster mid top left. Given the little trails maybe a 40s ISO, so that would be plenty of time to get those clusters in a pics.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I can’t believe people read that rubbish and think someone can tell them what sort of day they’re going to have, based on what day they were bloody born 50 years ago, really....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here