Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Jerez and Cadiz

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
I'll be in the area over the weekend. I know we have some fans in both cities as I've seen the flags! Anyone still here on NSC?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Cadiz are flying this year. It's a great city as well. Think Xerez went up to La Liga and then dropped like a stone a few years ago.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
You can’t say ‘Cadiz’ without thinking of Danny Dyer in The Business.

Paging [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25450]The Kid Frankie[/MENTION]

Cadiz are flying this year. It's a great city as well. Think Xerez went up to La Liga and then dropped like a stone a few years ago.

If memory serves, Cádiz beat Xerez in 2002 or 3 in the last game of the season to get promoted to the top flight; the equivalent of us beating Palace on the last day to get promtion to the PL.

Next season I had a season ticket and the first game was Real Madrid at home with a certain David Beckham playing.

Then a couple of seasons later Cádiz were relegated, beaten on the last game of the season by Xerez who got their revenge. Even then Cádiz missed a penalty in extra time that would have saved them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Cadiz is lovely.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I was in Cadiz in the summer. Fantastic place. The food was out of this world and
the people great. Go up the tower in the old town if you can (great views).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here