Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tinpot Albion - Massive Fail?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Just to cheer us all up after yesterday, Owlstalk has a magnificent and thoroughgoing analysis of precisely why, after all those years, and despite everyone's best efforts to cover up the embarrassing truths - Brighton & Hove Albion remains an irredeemably and laughably tinpot enterprise.

It's all here. Plenty of "soulless bowl" and "plastic fans" bingo to enjoy.
Read, weep and learn from our betters.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Just to cheer us all up after yesterday, Owlstalk has a magnificent and thoroughgoing analysis of precisely why, after all those years, and despite everyone's best efforts to cover up the embarrassing truths - Brighton & Hove Albion remains an irredeemably and laughably tinpot enterprise.

I'm in the I don't give a feck brigade. Look at the prem table, are sheffield Wednesday 24Th. Good fishing bye the way.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Shame they only know 4 words to their song.

HI HO SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY, (inaudible mumble from 20 people)

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Some measured posts amongst the bile. But who really cares now. We now play in the PL while their 20 year absence from the top flight continues.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
To be be fair there are one or two sensible posts on the thread. Perhaps the others are from the Wednesday fans who jumped on a Sussex bus in the Amex coach park after their semi-final victory just to jeer at the sad-looking children in their blue and white scarves. True northern heroes I suppose they see themselves as.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Argh, not only are they the biggest and bestest team in the world, they’re even infiltrating NSC ads!

E27780BB-2D5C-44F1-A4A4-FAE26FC2FE61.jpeg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

They're just a fvcking joke club who are just jealous of the fact that a so called tinpot club like ourselves made it to the PL before they did.
What a load of bollox they spout on their forum, you'd think just because they've discovered fire, they've made it :tosser:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
The fact is that I would rather be in our position than their's.
Stadium, chairman, infrastructure, league position etc.
They've had their day by the seaside and they can gloat over getting to the 4th round.
Other than that, they are irrelevant to me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good luck to them - they are now off our radar again, perhaps for a long time.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They’re a big club but really how many PL clubs are they bigger than?

Us, Palace, Wolverhampton, Bournemouth and Watford?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Let them enjoy their cup final at the seaside, will be a VERY long time before we play each other again

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quite interesting read as quite a few of them clearly view their club as old school therefore they will never evolve into something like we are.

However, some of their fans are clearly deluded over just how big a club they are.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think there is a lot of fair comment on there.Owlstalk. We are a relatively small club, like Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, and we all realise there are bigger clubs languishing in the Championship, Wednesday, Forest, Leeds, WBA , Derby to name a few. What do fans of these bigger clubs expect us to DO? Stop supporting our club? Sure we have plastic fans but we also have a loyal fan base who have followed us through the darkest of times. We have achieved, as a club something quite remarkable over the last few years. Coventry City have had a similar past to us and they have not achieved what we have......yet.
Probably one by one the big clubs from the Championship will have Premier league status, Leeds and WBA being the obvious candidates with a couple of small clubs passing them on the way. Nothing though is guaranteed and we must hope and pray with a little luck we can make our Premier league stay as long as possible. I for one believe Wednesday are a big club but that alone doesn't give you the right to play in the most lucrative league in the world. We have earned the right but that can slip away in the blink of an eye.
They deserved their win yesterday and we only have ourselves to blame for that but I would rather be in our league posistion than Wednesday's. Let's hope it stays that way for as long as possible.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
We’ve taken more Premier League points in 2020 (1)?than Sheffield Wednesday have in 2001, 20002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 combined (0).

Who cares if they call us tinpot?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yeah leave em alone guys. They’re suffering as it is and we didn’t (and still don’t) like the arrogance of so called bigger clubs.

We’re clearly a club on the up, and there’s a lot to be envious of. One of the best British chairman in the country If not the PL, an actual fan of the club. A great stadium, a blossoming youth academy and one of the most exciting young English coaches.

That’s a lot to be arrogant about right there, so we should just keep it classy, smile and pat them on their way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here