Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Brighton and Hove Albion v Liverpool, WSL, Crawley, 05.01.20 KO 14.00***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Massive game for the women today.

FA Player not showing the game for me. Anyone else seeing it or getting the same problem.

Attachments

• ENhQlNYW4AAYrbk.jpg-large.jpeg
    ENhQlNYW4AAYrbk.jpg-large.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 123

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I always thought Megan Walsh was a decent keeper, the signing of the Norwegian keeper Fiskerstrand is a massive scoop for us, does that mean she will come straight into the side next game.

Bristol City have beaten Man U away as well, so currently Liverpool are bottom and we are only above Bristol City on GD if we lose.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Come on the girls!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Fantastic result. Would love to see Liverpool relegated, although not what the Super league would want. I’m surprised the match didn’t go on until they at least equalised.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
A decent win, Powell needs as many points as she can get, because her results since she has been in charge are shocking.

I don't think she has long left, maybe not sacked, but I can't see her contract being renewed.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
A decent win, Powell needs as many points as she can get, because her results since she has been in charge are shocking.

I don't think she has long left, maybe not sacked, but I can't see her contract being renewed.

Indeed, not sure how our playing budget compares though. Arsenal, Chelsea and City have certainly hoovered up some serious European talent in recent times, including players from top club Lyon, so maybe she isn’t doing as badly as it seems.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I can't comment on how we won, because the FA player kept buffering, then they shut it off for 'technical difficulties'. They need to put another two bob in the meter to bring it up to scratch

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Albion definitely on the back foot most of the first half and had some lucky escapes before Whelan put us ahead after a clever knockon from Le Tissier after a Gibbons cross. We looked a bit better in the 2nd half especially when first Connolly and then Umotong came on as Liverpool tired but we never really looked like adding to our goal and the the Ref didn't help the match flow with a very inconsistent display. Much still to work on for Powell and her team as we still give the ball away far too easily and we struggled to cope with Babajide all afternoon but the win takes us up to 9th albeit that we've played more games than the teams directly above and below us. My player of the match was Walsh for some good saves and closing down, although it was frustrating when she kicked the ball straight out of play twice in succession!

Official Match Report : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...n-edge-out-liverpool-in-tense-fawsl-encounter

How the Argus saw it : https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18138881.aileen-whelan-goal-eases-albion-away-wsl-danger/

BBC Report (though its mainly about struggling Liverpool) : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50936746

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here