Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Going by train to the Everton game next weekend...

RioGrandeGull

Jan 9, 2013
Isle of Wight
Just done a Journey Planner enquiry to get by train to next weeks game against Everton...
Thought Southern were bad enough for engineering works, but Merseyrail say no trains once you get to a Liverpool Lime Street.
It’s buses from there.....

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Walk from Liverpool Lime Street. 20 mins. Not sure from Liverpool Line Street though.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Walk from Liverpool Lime Street. 20 mins. Not sure from Liverpool Line Street though.

20 mins from Lime St to Goodison?

Ahh I know you, are you that lass who cried when the steward tried to tell her she was disqualified from the olympic walking race for breaking into to run for a second or two... you know, you kind of shoved him away

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can walk from Anfield in 30 mins and Goodison 20. I have learnt to do it in order to make 17.47 train with a stop off at Sainsbury’s for alcohol included.

Walked that too. Much quicker downhill on the way back to the station.

Taxis are very cheap from the city centre to the stadia, dropping off once you hit the crowds.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Walked that too. Much quicker downhill on the way back to the station.

Taxis are very cheap from the city centre to the stadia, dropping off once you hit the crowds.

We did get a taxi to Anfield for the November match but ended up spending half an hour in the queue. Shared it with a couple of scousers and a gentleman from Norway and his wife who following much friendly banter insisted on paying the fare. I did offer a contribution however the Liverpool lads response was ‘ if a scousers is offered something for free they take it’ and subsequently ran off.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We did get a taxi to Anfield for the November match but ended up spending half an hour in the queue. Shared it with a couple of scousers and a gentleman from Norway and his wife who following much friendly banter insisted on paying the fare. I did offer a contribution however the Liverpool lads response was ‘ if a scousers is offered something for free they take it’ and subsequently ran off.

We’ve got cabs from Lime Street and other central parts, but end the journey as soon as the congestion makes walking quicker. Usually with not to far to go. We do get to the grounds early to drink in pubs by the grounds.

theboybilly

Its not a problem. You can just get the Soccerbus. Drops you right outside the ground.

This is so easy as the buses drop off and pick up near the Away end. Walk straight across from Lime Street to St. John's Street and the stop is opposite the Dr Duncan pub. You'll be at Goodison in around 20 minutes. It does get a bit busy going back obviously but you shouldn't have to wait too long. The journey back to Lime Street didn't seem too heavy traffic-wise either. I think the return was £3.50ish

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Just done a Journey Planner enquiry to get by train to next weeks game against Everton...
Thought Southern were bad enough for engineering works, but Merseyrail say no trains once you get to a Liverpool Lime Street.
It’s buses from there.....

Went last season and loads of buses right outside lime street direct to
Goodison,easy. The Micky’s are usually pretty helpful just ask where the buses leave from

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I have a spare adult ticket for this game as one of my kids now cant go. Just looking for face value - PM me if interested.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here