Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Clearly we have offered, or are in the process of negotiating a new contract for him. We'd be crazy not to try.

However, he's in a strong position. The only possible incentive for him to close his options now rather than wait until the offers come in, is if this new contract gives him a serious pay hike, which he believes is as good or better than any he'll get with another club.

There's a strong possibility of him running down his contract.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So it has to be done this month then ?

I believe he can now openly go and talk to other clubs (or more likely his agent can hawk him around); therefore probably best we sign him up before someone else comes in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fairly certain he isn't signing anything before the Euro 2020 as many players raise their value, and wage, by performing in international tournaments.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No he can’t

His contract has 18 months left not 6
Oh gawd, that's twice I've got it wrong! Previously posted, 'no problem, we can worry about his contract in the summer'. I deleted that, thinking June 2021 was only months away - then posted the thread you quoted. Yes, you are right (and so was I in my first post!).
Haven't got used to this being 2020 yet! Yes, June 2021 is 18 months away - no rush to do business now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
....best player I've ever seen live in a Brighton shirt ..... Apart from when he's crap.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Out of contract next summer, got to be a priority to extend him this month surely?
He's out of contract in July 2021.

He wants to play in Spain or Germany at some point in his career.

If he sings on again, he sings on again.

I'm sure the club know what they are doing

....best player I've ever seen live in a Brighton shirt ..... Apart from when he's crap.

Congratulations on perfectly boiling down two decades of NSC posts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here