Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr potter and motivation

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Well that was just awful - worst performance this season. A bunch of arrogant , clueless and lazy players out there who deserve to be docked wages. Potter failed to motivate them for a competition he has publicly stated he values. - obviously more than the the players did. Stephens walking around, misplaced passes, and a lack of desire. A wake up call for all.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not especially sorry to have lost as we have bigger fish to fry !

But it honestly, to me, seemed like we were just fulfilling the fixture, neither desire nor direction !

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Not sure he selected a strong side and then told them to go out and not be arsed.

Surely its part of his remit to get them going - his success at prevous clubs depended in part on the way in which he prepared them for matches. He has been remarkably successful so far but something didnt work right today as the players' attitude was all wrong.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure he selected a strong side and then told them to go out and not be arsed.

i almost wish that were the case, as he can fix that more easily than half a team individually deciding they arent arsed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow, no stone is being left unturned in tonight's Blame Game.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

His quote to the BBC after the game was “We set out to win and we didn't, so we're disappointed. The only thing we can do is learn from it."
He doesn’t go on to say what he learnt , so was it
1: I have some players I fail to motivate
2: I have some players who think they are better than they really are
3: The squad is not as strong as I thought it was, proved today by being unable to beat an under strength Championship team
4: I previously have stated, that I am happy that without strengthening, this squad is good enough to keep us up
5: I have overestimated the ability of our attacking players to create and finish chances
6: I do not have a midfield consistently capable of opening up opposing defences
7: We really need to become active in this transfer window to have a chance of staying in this league
I wonder what he did learn and is he able to change things?

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

His quote to the BBC after the game was “We set out to win and we didn't, so we're disappointed. The only thing we can do is learn from it."
He doesn’t go on to say what he learnt was , is it
1: I have some players I fail to motivate
2: I have some players who think they better than they really are
3: The squad is not as strong as I thought it was, proved today by being unable to beat an under strength Championship team
4: I previously have stated, that I am happy that without strengthening, this squad is good enough to keep us up
5: I have overestimated the ability of attacking players to create and finish chances
6: I do not have a midfield consistently capable of opening up opposing defences
7: We really need to become active in this transfer window to have a chance of staying in this league
I wonder what he did learn and is he able to change things?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I didn't see any lack of effort or motivation. That's not where the problem was. Take Bong as an example - ran up and down the flank for 70 minutes. Bad? Yes. Lazy? No.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It was like watching a reserves game very little effort or energy, we didn't have the desire to put ourselves about and create things. Ultimately a cup run isn't important and many of those players would've felt that not getting injured and then missing the rest of the season was the main aim. I would've preferred to see a couple of U23's/U18's playing as they may have managed a loan deal off the back of a good performance

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have no doubt was not a lack of effort. Very strange set up that Potter must take blame for. Balogon is a central defender and had to spend most of time at full back, Bong is a full back and played most of game as a winger. I couldnt say where Greyhound played because he just ran around like a headless chicken.CH favourite expression was We must stay in game, Potters is This is the Premier League which he cant use for this display. Unbelievable we were playing a championship side and didnt have one 15 min spell where we put them under pressure. Our so called attacking midfielders must have spent more time in our half

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Have no doubt was not a lack of effort. Very strange set up that Potter must take blame for. Balogon is a central defender and had to spend most of time at full back, Bong is a full back and played most of game as a winger. I couldnt say where Greyhound played because he just ran around like a headless chicken.CH favourite expression was We must stay in game, Potters is This is the Premier League which he cant use for this display. Unbelievable we were playing a championship side and didnt have one 15 min spell where we put them under pressure. Our so called attacking midfielders must have spent more time in our half

In the first half The Greyhound spent a lot of time in the centre of their box getting in Maupay’s way. I was thinking to myself, is that where a right back or even wing back should be?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It was like watching a reserves game very little effort or energy, we didn't have the desire to put ourselves about and create things. Ultimately a cup run isn't important and many of those players would've felt that not getting injured and then missing the rest of the season was the main aim. I would've preferred to see a couple of U23's/U18's playing as they may have managed a loan deal off the back of a good performance

This was it for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here