Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] This is a valid corner

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Took advantage of my seat today to take this photo for all those who struggle with understanding where the ball can be for a corner.

2192ee4299c4dc2b9550708772c03897.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Took advantage of my seat today to take this photo for all those who struggle with understanding where the ball can be for a corner.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2719

I still don't see the point in why the players need so much room away from the flag.

Let's face it, it really doesn't change whether it will be a quality corner or not.

Has anyone on here ever taken a decent corner with putting in the quadrant?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I used to sit behind The Quadrant Police.

Strangely enough they wouldn't have shouted a word about the ball/quadrant in that pic. :lol:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If only every one of our corners today wasn’t the same (with the same result)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was in NE corner too and it was funny watching the lino check each time that Pascal had a millimetre of the ball overhanging the quadrant line...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Not sure that proves anything. It would have been better if you had entered the field of play and taken a photo directly over the ball to see if the edge of the ball intersects with any part of the white line.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Need VAR to check this every time someone scores from a corner. Oh and from a later phase of play, anything up to 5 minutes, just to be sure.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I still don't see the point in why the players need so much room away from the flag.

Let's face it, it really doesn't change whether it will be a quality corner or not.

Has anyone on here ever taken a decent corner with putting in the quadrant?

You may as well be asking has anyone ever met a decent Tory.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Love the way that officials oversee ball position from corners to the mm, and even delay corners from being taken when they come over do double check when the crowd are roaring its not in the quadrant. But when it comes to a throw in or free kick, it can happen metres from where the ball went out, or the infringement. Saw a ball kicked out of play that just missed the corner flag last week (can't remember which game on MOTD), the throw in was actually thrown about 5m from the corner flag.

Think the linesman should have a can of squirty cream as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here