Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Let me first be clear, Bong has been a good player for us, and was consistently solid defensively when we got promoted from the Championship, but today surely has to be his last game for the club.

He looked completely out of his depth, was beaten by a simple long ball two or three times, and when given the chance to cross his final ball was abysmal. If we can't sell him I think we'd be best paying up his contract and seeking another left back in the current transfer window.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Let me first be clear, Bong has been a good player for us, and was consistently solid defensively when we got promoted from the Championship, but today surely has to be his last game for the club.

He looked completely out of his depth, was beaten by a simple long ball two or three times, and when given the chance to cross his final ball was abysmal. If we can't sell him I think we'd be best paying off his contract and seeking another left back in the current transfer window.

I do agree with you, but I’m not sure we need to ‘pay up his contract’ - it just doesn’t happen and a panic buy in January isn’t worth it. He’s been nowhere near the squad this season and even with Burn out, we have options of March, Alzate to support Bernardo

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I do agree with you, but I’m not sure we need to ‘pay up his contract’ - it just doesn’t happen and a panic buy in January isn’t worth it. He’s been nowhere near the squad this season and even with Burn out, we have options of March, Alzate to support Bernardo

I guess so, you're right there's no need for a panic buy, but I do think it's an area of the squad we need more competition in and if a suitable player becomes available it would be a worthwhile investment imo.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
He was so laughably bad I actually felt sorry for him. Needs to be paid up, transfer listed or loaned out. I'd rather have an U23 player in front him or Solly or even try Balagun at LB.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'll be gone in 17 games time.

It'll be nice for NSC to show some class to a decent servant of the club.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not sure he should be singled out any more than the other 7 or 8 utterly crap players
Correct. A very good footballer outrageously treated by racist miserabilists. They must have loved it today.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very, very poor today. Looked like he hadn't played for months............oh yeah.......

Not sure what Stephens' excuse was though.

The biggest winner from today was surely Propper. Must be the first midfielder name on the teamsheet I would think. A bigger striker is also needed asap. Our two were bullied off the ball by their big lads, who were excellent.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bong did the things he was asked to do last season and the previous 3 or so seasons absolutely fine.

The things he is being asked to do this season is beyond his skillset. We've moved forward and he hasn't been able to keep up.

Absolutely no need for ridiculing the fella. No need at all for clapping and cheering when he is being subbed. He's played however many games for us, he's never bottled a challenge, never given less than his all.

Like others have said, there were plenty of other bad performances today

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
None of the Bs were any good today

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He'll be gone in 17 games time.

It'll be nice for NSC to show some class to a decent servant of the club.

Exactly this.

He cost us nothing, and has been with us for nearly five years - seeing off several contenders for his left back place during that time. He has been part of one of the best defensive line ups we have seen at the Albion, and served us really well, with commitment and passion, and never 'hiding'.

Today, and on other occasions this season, he has not looked confident, and his standards are not what they were. He is not some marquee signing flop who couldn't give a shit, but has always been abused by many with an agenda on here.

He has never given less than 100% for the shirt, and deserves support, not what comes across as contempt.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Exactly this.

He cost us nothing, and has been with us for nearly five years - seeing off several contenders for his left back place during that time. He has been part of one of the best defensive line ups we have seen at the Albion, and served us really well, with commitment and passion, and never 'hiding'.

Today, and on other occasions this season, he has not looked confident, and his standards are not what they were. He is not some marquee signing flop who couldn't give a shit, but has always been abused by many with an agenda on here.

He has never given less than 100% for the shirt, and deserves support, not what comes across as contempt.

Totally agree with all of this. Let him see out his contract and then he goes with our thanks and best wishes and welcome back anytime to say hello!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Bong is superb in a back four - not suited to a back five and the way we play now

Has contributed a lot and deserves respect

Suspect Alzate will now become full back cover whilst Burn is out and any injury to Montoya or Bernardo

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very, very poor today. Looked like he hadn't played for months............oh yeah.......

Not sure what Stephens' excuse was though.

The biggest winner from today was surely Propper. Must be the first midfielder name on the teamsheet I would think. A bigger striker is also needed asap. Our two were bullied off the ball by their big lads, who were excellent.

Bissouma - Radio Sussex and 5live commented frequently on his awful performance, with additional adjectives of he looked like he didn’t care, strolled around, lazy.

His excuse was?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here