Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
Sheffield-Wednesday.gif

Albion v Sheffield Wednesday sid-emoji.gif

FA CUP THIRD ROUND

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 4th January 2020
Kick-off: 15:01 GMT
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Ian Cooper
Fourth official: Andy Davies
VAR:Kevin Friend
AVAR: Simon Beck

TEAM NEWS

Brighton & Hove Albion will be without defender Dan Burn after he broke his collarbone and required surgery following the draw with Chelsea.

Boss Graham Potter could rotate the rest of his squad, with striker Glenn Murray and fit-again winger Solly March among those hopeful of a start.

Sheffield Wednesday hope Massimo Luongo will play, having ruled out concussion after the Boxing Day loss at Stoke.

Defender Liam Palmer is expected to miss out again with an ankle injury.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton and Sheffield Wednesday have not met in the FA Cup since the 1982-83 semi-final, with the Seagulls winning 2-1 to reach the final.
    [*=left]Wednesday have lost their past two matches against Brighton, losing both meetings in the 2016-17 Championship season under Carlos Carvalhal.
    [*=left]Brighton have lost just two of their past 18 home FA Cup matches (W10 D6 L2) and are unbeaten in five since losing 3-2 to Arsenal in January 2015.
    [*=left]Wednesday are winless in 20 FA Cup matches against Premier League opponents (D6 L14) since winning 2-1 against Sheffield United in the 1992-93 semi-final.
    [*=left]This will be Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk's seventh FA Cup match as manager - the previous six have also been away from home, winning two and losing four.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So massively excited

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Hopefully GP fields a blend of youth and experience. The Carabao Cup selection was a bit too youthful in my opinion. Guess at least it's less fixtures to worry about!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This will be a massive result for us if we win this after the astonishing fixture pile up we’ve had. A real test of our massively talented squad.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
We really need the three points today... #wereloose

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can’t afford to be passive as this is going to be massive

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

Anyone know whether any of the international networks pick up FA cup games? (in addition to the UK shown games)

You would be doing me a massive favour if you can point me in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I’ve just had a massive :shit:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just happy we got this far, it's our cup final so I'm at peace with a mauling by a footballing giant.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone know whether any of the international networks pick up FA cup games? (in addition to the UK shown games)

You would be doing me a massive favour if you can point me in the right direction

ESPN+

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

Sent you a message

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here