Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Defenders goal bonus

Seagullroyal

Dec 31, 2014
Was listening to talksport the other day, talking about Dan Burns disallowed VAR goal? The conversation then went on to the fact that he has had three disallowed through VAR, and how much he must have lost in goal bonuses. One of them questioned how much that would be? The other said it would about £7000 per goal, which the other one queried, and said, surely not that much?
So what do you reckon? Is that that the going rate for a Premiership defender?:mad:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was listening to talksport the other day, talking about Dan Burns disallowed VAR goal? The conversation then went on to the fact that he has had three disallowed through VAR, and how much he must have lost in goal bonuses. One of them questioned how much that would be? The other said it would about £7000 per goal, which the other one queried, and said, surely not that much?
So what do you reckon? Is that that the going rate for a Premiership defender?:mad:

Wasn't one of them Trossard's goal? He's been the one responsible (however ridiculously) three times, but I don't think all three were his goals. Or, I may just be going senile.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wasn't one of them Trossard's goal? He's been the one responsible (however ridiculously) three times, but I don't think all three were his goals. Or, I may just be going senile.

Pretty certain it's only 1 goal Burn has had disallowed, but been the reason for the offside being given for 2 more.

The first was the Trossard goal against West Ham where Burn put the cross in after being offside from a free kick. The other Burn was stood right in front of the keeper when Lewis Dunk put the ball in the net against Southampton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As was I

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?377345-Baz-Glendenning-s-hot-take-on-Mr-Bloom

Seagullroyal

Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for all the info with regards to VAR:clap2:
Anyone able to answer the actual question I asked about goal bonuses?:glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here