Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Print at home problem

My printer has died on my and the best I can print out for tomorrow is a feint copy of my ticket, you can read the text but I doubt the scanner will be able to read it.

Do you think the guy at the barrier will let me in? Can I scan it on my phone?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No they won't let you in, needs to scan.

Put the ticket on your phone, brightness on full should be fine

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I’ve scanned barcode through using my phone before so hopefully you’ll be ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My printer has died on my and the best I can print out for tomorrow is a feint copy of my ticket, you can read the text but I doubt the scanner will be able to read it.

Do you think the guy at the barrier will let me in? Can I scan it on my phone?

Are you in Cadiz and flying into Gatwick? If so, there's internet facilities and printers at various public points around the airport

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
It says on the email that you can get your ticket printed at the stadium.

£1.50 admin fee, I think, but that's another option.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Use the ticket on your phone. I have done this before.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
OK thanks I'll try it on the phone. Second question if I buy a park and ride ticket for the racecourse will I be able to use my phone for that?

Do you have to put your registration number in? If so you should be alright but sometimes the stewards can be quite obtuse if it is a situation they've not encountered before.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
OK thanks I'll try it on the phone. Second question if I buy a park and ride ticket for the racecourse will I be able to use my phone for that?

Local buses accept phone tickets, and I’ve noticed contactless card readers on some of the buses used for P&R buses so I would imagine the drivers would accept your phone image.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Local buses accept phone tickets, and I’ve noticed contactless card readers on some of the buses used for P&R buses so I would imagine the drivers would accept your phone image.

Drivers don't do anything on the special park and rides, it will be a steward checking tickets but their first problem would be getting their car in there to begin with. Got to hope the steward accepts the ticket on the phone.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
I have been using my the ticket on my phone for the park and ride, the buses from town and for entrance into the stadium all season, not had a single problem. Like another said, just whack screen brightness up and you'll be fine (oh and don't zoom in too much, make it the size of how it appears on a A4 printed ticket).

I feel this should be promoted more anyway to stop the unnecessary need to physically print your ticket. Seems like a waste and the ticket inevitably gets screwed up in your pocket/left to be sacrificed to the washing machine.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I have been using my the ticket on my phone for the park and ride, the buses from town and for entrance into the stadium all season, not had a single problem. Like another said, just whack screen brightness up and you'll be fine (oh and don't zoom in too much, make it the size of how it appears on a A4 printed ticket).

I feel this should be promoted more anyway to stop the unnecessary need to physically print your ticket. Seems like a waste and the ticket inevitably gets screwed up in your pocket/left to be sacrificed to the washing machine.

This!!!!! Wonder why they are not doing this? Optimise for mobile and just like many events you just flash your phone. There is an assumption that everyone has easy access to a half decent printer.

Herr Ing Gull

Sep 3, 2014
This!!!!! Wonder why they are not doing this? Optimise for mobile and just like many events you just flash your phone. There is an assumption that everyone has easy access to a half decent printer.

Not an unreasonable assumption for those who choose the PAH option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

This is an assumption that everyone has easy access to a half decent phone. Not me.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assumed you could read properly. Where did I suggest that someone would illogically select PAH knowing they could not print adequately? My suggesting was that there was a distinct option for the code to be read from a mobile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here