Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White Question

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
My arrogant Leeds supporting friend has just told me that we
can't recall Ben White now. Something to do with games played for them.

Is this, as I suspect, utter BS, or is there a grain of truth in it?

Ta

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Ta

Might be true because the same thing was said about Mooy and Huddersfield.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe we can, maybe we can’t, but we won’t.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Why would we recall him, he won't get game time with us this season as Dunk, Webster, Duffy and Burn will be ahead of him plus Balogun. We would need to see 1 or 2 leave before we would withdraw him from all his game time

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Ta

No actual truth no.... Potter said he is staying there because we want him to.

But the local paper in Leeds has said that, so can see where its started.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Ta

More to do with his development and Potter has already confirmed that he will stay at Leeds for the remainder of the season.

However you can tell your arrogant Leeds supporting friend to enjoy him for the next few months as in the summer their player of the season is coming back to us

Potter

“There is all sorts of talk, as we know," he said. "But the reality of it is he is our player and he has got a future with us and we are looking forward to having him back at the right time and go from there. He is a player we like a lot.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I know we won't (that wasn't what I really was getting at) more - **can we** if we really wanted to?

Do the rules now preclude us from getting him back?

I want to make my Leeds friend look silly for being such an arrogant *****

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I know we won't (that wasn't what I really was getting at) more - **can we** if we really wanted to?

As I understand it we can only recall him if he isnt playing for Leeds, as per Eddie Nketiah. As he has played every game that clause can't be used.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’m sure Preston NE fans wanted to keep Beckham.........

Leeds could find themselves in a very similar position to Huddersfield if they are promoted. A significant number of the key players that got them up are on loan, which means they are weaker if said players leave and they then have to spend big to try to replace them or they try to buy them (as Huddersfield did) and spend the majority of their budget essentially standing still.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m sure Preston NE fans wanted to keep Beckham.........

Leeds could find themselves in a very similar position to Huddersfield if they are promoted. A significant number of the key players that got them up are on loan, which means they are weaker if said players leave and they then have to spend big to try to replace them or they try to buy them (as Huddersfield did) and spend the majority of their budget essentially standing still.

Apart from White & Costa who else are they regularly playing that is on loan?

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017

Ta

He cant be recalled because hes been played over a pre agreed amount of games. He will be at Leeds until end if season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why would we recall him, he won't get game time with us this season as Dunk, Webster, Duffy and Burn will be ahead of him plus Balogun. We would need to see 1 or 2 leave before we would withdraw him from all his game time

Well Burn is out for at least 2 months, and Dunk will get a 2 match suspension sometime between now and April.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
He cant be recalled because hes been played over a pre agreed amount of games. He will be at Leeds until end if season.

I thought this guy was corrected on the main Ben White or Leeds thread. We all think that because it’s been repeated so often, but the only source you’ll find is a local rag.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Just ask him which date in January have they picked to begin their annual collapse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They’re easing into their annual slump this year. 6 points from the last 5 games, and the one win required a 95th min OG at 4-4.

It will take a slump of Derby proportions for them to blow auto this time though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought this guy was corrected on the main Ben White or Leeds thread. We all think that because it’s been repeated so often, but the only source you’ll find is a local rag.

This - it was confirmed there is no such clause. Doesn't matter though as as others have said Potter is happy for him to see out the season playing for a smaller club :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here