Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Jordan's book

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Got it for Christmas, finished it yesterday.

Clearly its his version of events, so a slight pinch of salt must be taken, then again the lawyers would have had to okay it before it went to print, but towards the end even allowing for the obvious Palace issues I found myself actually rooting for him, he got shafted by Steve Parish and others when Palace went into administration, receiving £175,000 back from his original investment of £35million.

In the final couple of pages, he claims not to be bitter but just hopes that one day he will be in a position to buy his football club back.

Dare I say it, I finished the final paragraph with a tiny, only tiny mind you, bit of admiration for him.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Clearly its his version of events, so a slight pinch of salt must be taken, then again the lawyers would have had to okay it before it went to print, but towards the end even allowing for the obvious Palace issues I found myself actually rooting for him, he got shafted by Steve Parish and others when Palace went into administration, receiving £175,000 back from his original investment of £35million.

In the final couple of pages, he claims not to be bitter but just hopes that one day he will be in a position to buy his football club back.

Dare I say it, I finished the final paragraph with a tiny, only tiny mind you, bit of admiration for him.

A lorry load of salt, I think the issue was that the 4 palace fans that bought Palace had looked on in horror at the way SJ was ducking and diving borrowing of peter to pay Paul, and although SJ had asked they were not interested in working with him.

So they waited as long as they could and bought the club together with the ground at a good price, the ground had been sold then leased then sold again by SJ in the years before.

I dont mind SJ and have had a few chats with him but its his way or no way and he tells the story with a gilded Lily.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On the rare occasion I've happened across Simon Jordan on the radio, I've like his direct straight-talking approach. Typically this has been where he's been discussing the broader football industry, and not about his time at Palace, which I don't know too much about.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Half a pee in the pound for Si. How much did Parish trouser when he sold half to the yanks?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A lorry load of salt, I think the issue was that the 4 palace fans that bought Palace had looked on in horror at the way SJ was ducking and diving borrowing of peter to pay Paul, and although SJ had asked they were not interested in working with him.

So they waited as long as they could and bought the club together with the ground at a good price, the ground had been sold then leased then sold again by SJ in the years before.

I dont mind SJ and have had a few chats with him but its his way or no way and he tells the story with a gilded Lily.

Now this is probably coming from a very biased point of view, but it would seem that Mr Parish is operating in a not dissimilar way.
If the recent analysis of your accounts is anything to go by..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I am totally convinced that Palace are one relegation away from becoming a complete basket case club

SAC

May 21, 2014
I read his book and it was quite interesting although I didn’t warm to him at all. I felt a little bit sorry for him as he put his money into a football club thinking that ITV digital were going to bankroll the league and then put his money into the Spanish property market just as it imploded. Most of Palace’s unsecured debts were to Simon Jordan, no one was going to invest into the club just to help him out.

Never met him (or want to) although I did see him at the Brixton Academy when The Specials played there.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't stand the guy.

You say in the book he claims he isn't bitter but in that podcast with the Arsenal TV guy he claims he's doesn't go and watch Palace because it should be his club!!

He also continually whinged about Robbie interrupted him but then he continually did the same.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Does he explain why 'Telstar - The Joe Meek Story' was so very poor?

Fantastic story as told in Arena's excellent documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nMSJrfDN44

I was willing to give Jordan some credit when he funded the play and subsequent film, but then I saw the film and it wasn't worth 2p in the pound.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here