Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Murray to Forest?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Argus reporting that GPotts is leaving it for Murray to decide if he plays tomorrow amid interest from Forest and other Championship clubs.

Does this mean there could be another striker on the horizon?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well l think Glenn has done more than enough for this club, twice over, to be allowed to decide whether he wants to finish his career with us by sitting on the bench, or have one last hurrah in the Championship.

Obviously l hope he decides on the first option, but no one can blame him if he chooses pastures new.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When Murray left us, he had offers from Millwall and Palace. He then went to Bournemouth. All three fairly commutable from Brighton.
I don't think Nottingham is commutable and I doubt he will move there (as in house) because of his family.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One of the main reasons I bought a ticket for the cup match was to see the great man in one of his last hurrahs.

I'm sure if he has the option to start for us at the amex in the cup, that will be more appealing than game time in the Championship

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There has to be something in this.

Murray would still be one of the best (if not the best) finishers in the Championship, a chance to become a legend at a club with two European Cups by shooting them to the Premier League or a struggle to make a Premier League squad week in and week out?

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
When Murray left us, he had offers from Millwall and Palace. He then went to Bournemouth. All three fairly commutable from Brighton.
I don't think Nottingham is commutable and I doubt he will move there (as in house) because of his family.
And Reading on loan

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One of the main reasons I bought a ticket for the cup match was to see the great man in one of his last hurrahs.

I'm sure if he has the option to start for us at the amex in the cup, that will be more appealing than game time in the Championship

Let's hope so! I too was looking forward to seeing him again tomorrow.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Why can't he do both? Play in the Cup for us, then join Forest at the end of the month if he wants to. And whether he goes or not, it will have no bearing on whether we get another striker in or not, IMHO.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Why can't he do both? Play in the Cup for us, then join Forest at the end of the month if he wants to. And whether he goes or not, it will have no bearing on whether we get another striker in or not, IMHO.

Yeah you're probably right. If forest only want him as their 2nd choice striker in the cup, then there is no point him going .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forest are likely out of the cup on Sunday so Glenn won't worry about being cup-tied.

Reckon we'll see him tomorrow then he's off to Forest.

But the chances of signing a striker are "very, very slim", so recalls for Mlakar and/or Gyokeres is the best it'll likely get for a replacement.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I never understand the notion why moving to another country (let alone another county) is made into such a big deal?

It's even more bizarre when you're as well paid as professional footballers are. It's really not such a big deal and plenty of people do it.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Very unlikely Glenn will accept a move to forest. His children are still quite young and go to a private school in Sussex . I doubt whether he would want to move them at this stage in their learning. He won’t earn any more money at forest either probably less !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah you're probably right. If forest only want him as their 2nd choice striker in the cup, then there is no point him going .

Forest have several league games still to play this season, I believe. If they want him on loan, they're seriously going to bother if he's cup tied or not? They might not even be in it by the end of January.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Forest are likely out of the cup on Sunday so Glenn won't worry about being cup-tied.

Reckon we'll see him tomorrow then he's off to Forest.

But the chances of signing a striker are "very, very slim", so recalls for Mlakar and/or Gyokeres is the best it'll likely get for a replacement.

Very, very slim is a quote by whom?

Anyway, if Muzza leaves, then the situation means we MUST bring in a striker, IMHO...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very unlikely Glenn will accept a move to forest. His children are still quite young and go to a private school in Sussex . I doubt whether he would want to move them at this stage in their learning. He won’t earn any more money at forest either probably less !
If he goes on loan, his earnings would remain the same - the discussions between the Albion and Forest would be about the percentage each club pays.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forest have several league games still to play this season, I believe. If they want him on loan, they're seriously going to bother if he's cup tied or not? They might not even be in it by the end of January.
Forest are at Chelsea on Sunday. Likely out of the cup this weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here