Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Exercise bikes

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Thinking about buying an exercise bike, mainly to help with rehab for my knee but also for general fitness. Has anyone got one ? Any recommendations?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hang on before buying as they’ll be thousands available on the cheap in Friday Add in a couple of months or so.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
IMHO dont bother with stationary exercise bikes.

I had a Total R/H replacement and bought a stationary bike but it just bored me to death and ended up being a coat hanger until it was given away.

Then got myself an Electric bike so not too much strain going up the hills of Sussex but no trouble cycling for 30 miles and being out for a couple of hours...now I have 1 road bike and 2 Hybrids and the electric bike !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
IMHO dont bother with stationary exercise bikes.

I had a Total R/H replacement and bought a stationary bike but it just bored me to death and ended up being a coat hanger until it was given away.

Then got myself an Electric bike so not too much strain going up the hills of Sussex but no trouble cycling for 30 miles and being out for a couple of hours...now I have 1 road bike and 2 Hybrids and the electric bike !

When I use mine I either put some music on or stick the iPad in front and watch something .....deals with my boredom

Jul 7, 2003
I picked up a Schwinn Airdyne AD2 last year and that is great. Uses a fan as resistance so the harder the push, the more resistance you get. Very solidly built and works well for me.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Peloton, huge fan. Only had 6 months so early days but enjoying as much as I did the first time. Expensive, but if that’s not the issue then I would highly recommend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here