Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Top Iranian military commander killed by air strikes

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Reports are coming in that Qassem Soleimani, leader of the Iranian Quds force has been assassinated in drone strikes near Baghdad Airport. This is HUUGE!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
good or bad...?? i mean obviously not good for him but for the region in general...??

I wouldn't want to be in the American embassy in the morning.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Pretty much the fact Ali J has decided on a career in the western world has marked him as tainted by western ways. He will feel even more ashamed all the time reaching for his wallet.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I fear Trumps actions are an attempt at placating his fan base at home on this election year, it's a very worrying event this is not a rouge leader of some terrorist organisation but a General of a sovereign state I hope our Government condemns the US actions

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I wonder if they think - the nation is rejoicing Alireza’s strike now’s probably a good time to pop that general off?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I fear Trumps actions are an attempt at placating his fan base at home on this election year, it's a very worrying event this is not a rouge leader of some terrorist organisation but a General of a sovereign state I hope our Government condemns the US actions

American officials consider General Suleimani responsible for the deaths of hundreds of soldiers during the Iraq war, when he provided Iraqi insurgents with advanced bomb-making equipment and training. They also say he has masterminded destabilizing Iranian activities that continue throughout the Middle East and are aimed at the United States, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

“General Suleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region,” the Pentagon said in a statement. “General Suleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more.”

It did not elaborate on the specific intelligence that led them to carry out General Suleimani’s killing. The highly classified mission was set in motion after the American contractor’s death on Dec. 27 during a rocket attack by an Iranian-backed militia, a senior American official said.

Not sure which way to feel but those Iranian leaders can be pretty rotten. Hate Trump though. You never know where the truth lies with him either.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last edited:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
So Trump has just ordered the highest general of a sovereign nation (not a terrorist organisation and not a nation who the US was at war with) to be killed by air strike, outside an international airport in a third country (Iraq) and without any kind of approval from US Congress.

Starting a war to please his fanbase leading up to an election. I wonder what Boris will do in response when this inevitably escalates.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
So Trump has just ordered the highest general of a sovereign nation (not a terrorist organisation and not a nation who the US was at war with) to be killed by air strike, outside an international airport in a third country (Iraq) and without any kind of approval from US Congress.

Starting a war to please his fanbase leading up to an election. I wonder what Boris will do in response when this inevitably escalates.

Hide ???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Whatever will win votes.

On the back of Blair’s doomed Iraq war, I’d suggest Cummings will be telling him to keep
out of the US-Iran crisis telling the electorate that he is concentrating on ‘getting Brexit done’.

However, it will clearly effect our ability to strike a trade deal with the US if Trump remains in power although that deal could take the best part of six or seven years to finalise so Trump might be gone anyway.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton

Hopefully he will keep his mouth shut. He's never gonna condemn the US.https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/12/woman-jailed-in-iran-shocked-by-boris-johnsons-comments-her-husband-says

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like the Orange Oaf will start a dangerous war.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Orange clown is the most dangerous dictator on the planet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here