Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Owlstalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've just taken a glance at our old adversaries on the Wednesday forum and the general tone seems remarkably bleak over there. If memory serves, although they didn't take to us very much, they were generally fairly chirpy. Perhaps it's a run of bad results, perhaps it's being repeatedly denied their rightful place in the top division, perhaps it's watching Sheffield United leapfrog them and push for Europe. Whatever the cause, at present, it seems very much a case of

Sheffield Wednesday?

Sid-James.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wednesday :lolol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I have a sneaking suspicion they will keep their priorities on their league and field a weakened side, allowing us to show what three seasons in the premier league can do for strength in depth of a squad.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Ever since I found out that Morgz is an Owl I have had an even deeper desire that they do absolutely appallingly. (If you don't know who Morgz is then congratulations and keep it that way) Wednesday :lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Less Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

It's now Sheffield Wednesday:

edvard-munch-the-scream-c-1893.jpg

It's a sad state of affairs. There but for the grace of Tony...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No wonder our players looked a bit nervous at the start of the game yesterday, their minds must all be on this MASSIVE, once in a life time match coming up.

I’m just glad we’ve got a manager with a degree in emotional intelligence to ensure they don’t let the occasion get to them.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ever since I found out that Morgz is an Owl I have had an even deeper desire that they do absolutely appallingly. (If you don't know who Morgz is then congratulations and keep it that way) Wednesday :lolol:

I unfortunately bloody do and literally can’t stand his annoying fecking voice and his ‘celeb’ status he thinks he merits from his stupid fake videos. (I have an 8 year old!)

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
But... but... if it’s Sheffield Wednesday then how come they’re coming on Saturday? ???

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
As much as I can get behind the whole Wednesday massive club theme, I do have a small voice at the back of my mind that the vast majority of the fans will just be decent football mad people like the rest of us, and they have a half batshit owner who has decided to play with fire chasing the PL dream. They are probably in a downbeat mood because they have the incompetent EFL clowns working out their punishment for a blatantly odd piece of financial accounting. Would put a dampener on the season if you knew it doesn’t really matter how well you do, you’re likely getting a points deduction that will take you below the top six. Plus they’ve lost a few on the bounce. You know what we are like when that happens!

I feel they lost their best chance a few years ago and will need some serious surgery. They don’t have a coherent, joined up approach to running a club. They haven’t aligned their academy, loans and first team up. They just hire in mercenaries and get hammered. Must hurt to look at the Blades squad and how they are dying for each other. Some of the WEDNESDAY players look like they don’t give a shit. I feel for the fans, but since this is the approach for most clubs, I only have so much empathy to spare them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Send them down the Shoreham Road

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have they sold their stadium to themselves again yet ? Surely that will help propel them towards a comfortable 10th place finish.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Having a young child, I know your pain too.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
As much as I can get behind the whole Wednesday massive club theme, I do have a small voice at the back of my mind that the vast majority of the fans will just be decent football mad people like the rest of us, and they have a half batshit owner who has decided to play with fire chasing the PL dream. They are probably in a downbeat mood because they have the incompetent EFL clowns working out their punishment for a blatantly odd piece of financial accounting. Would put a dampener on the season if you knew it doesn’t really matter how well you do, you’re likely getting a points deduction that will take you below the top six. Plus they’ve lost a few on the bounce. You know what we are like when that happens!

I feel they lost their best chance a few years ago and will need some serious surgery. They don’t have a coherent, joined up approach to running a club. They haven’t aligned their academy, loans and first team up. They just hire in mercenaries and get hammered. Must hurt to look at the Blades squad and how they are dying for each other. Some of the WEDNESDAY players look like they don’t give a shit. I feel for the fans, but since this is the approach for most clubs, I only have so much empathy to spare them.

That's terrible...........

tenor (1).gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here