Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2nd Test Match South Africa v England

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks like Joffra out and also Burns who was injured by a tackle from Root in the football warm up earlier today, no doubt the footie warm up will be banned shortly by new Director Sir Ashley Giles.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I had blissfully forgotten about the five days of agony starting tomorrow - probably three days with our batting form, injury and illness or not.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This tour has all the symptoms of a total mess.

Sickness, silly injuries, clapped out bowling attack, panicky selection decisions, opposition with Graeme Smith in charge....

Not all of his doing but personally don’t think Silverwood is up to the job either....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This tour has all the symptoms of a total mess.

Sickness, silly injuries, clapped out bowling attack, panicky selection decisions, opposition with Graeme Smith in charge....

Not all of his doing but personally don’t think Silverwood is up to the job either....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All we need now is the old Bottler, Swanny, telling us how cricket should be played when you are up against it.

This series is fast descending in to farce.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looks like Joffra out and also Burns who was injured by a tackle from Root in the football warm up earlier today, no doubt the footie warm up will be banned shortly by new Director Sir Ashley Giles.

Horror tackle from Root, don’t know what he was thinking, if there was VAR I think he’d have got a straight red.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And this is far from a great South African side. You could name a couple of SA Kolpak XI's which would beat the current SA team.

We're a proper shower at the moment, which will get glossed over when we win at home with the Dukes in the summer

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Oh and I've got a question for any trained physios out there.

What specific benefit does playing football provide for warming up? As opposed to jogging, stretching, exercise bikes etc

Because it seems to me that the only reason they play football in the warm up is because they like a kick around. Well so do I, but these are highly paid and apparently professional players representing their country. Millions (probably) goes into sports nutritionists, psychologists, analysts, just to try and gain the slightest of slight edges .... then your only vaguely competent opener goes down with ligament damage playing football.

I mean FFS

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Oh and I've got a question for any trained physios out there.

What specific benefit does playing football provide for warming up? As opposed to jogging, stretching, exercise bikes etc

Because it seems to me that the only reason they play football in the warm up is because they like a kick around. Well so do I, but these are highly paid and apparently professional players representing their country. Millions (probably) goes into sports nutritionists, psychologists, analysts, just to try and gain the slightest of slight edges .... then your only vaguely competent opener goes down with ligament damage playing football.

I mean FFS

I agree, it seems ridiculous when these injuries seem to happen when they’re playing football quite often.

Although I’ll always be grateful for Australia choosing to play rugby before the 2nd test I think it was in 2005 which led to McGrath injuring himself. If he’d been fit all series I don’t think we’d have won that series at all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's unbelievable that with the sickness bug affecting the squad the coaches thought warming up with football was a good idea. Silverwood is looking like England's Hyypia.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
England win the toss and will bat

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
5 tosses lost in a row for Du Plessis. Joe Root ‘hopefully we can get a big score on the board’ all out for 250 after falling to 58/3

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree, it seems ridiculous when these injuries seem to happen when they’re playing football quite often.

Although I’ll always be grateful for Australia choosing to play rugby before the 2nd test I think it was in 2005 which led to McGrath injuring himself. If he’d been fit all series I don’t think we’d have won that series at all.

They were dicking about with rugby balls, but he stood on a cricket ball and rolled his ankle whilst doing so.........................agree it almost certainly cost them the series

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Crawley & Sibley, remember when we had Strauss and Cook?

Crawley gone, Sibley won’t lasy long either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here