Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just announced!

The Wedding Present is in Brighton.
22 m ·
Head’s up everyone! We’ve got a new project out on 4 December! ‘Not From Where I’m Standing’ is a lovingly put together collection of 20 Bond film themes covered by current and former members of Cinerama and The Wedding Present. 100% of the profits from its sale will be donated to the ‘Campaign Against Living Miserably’ [CALM] charity. More info as we go!

I have already decided what my album of the year is going to be and I haven't heard a note of it yet.

Have you heard the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang taster E.P? Gatefold record store release from last month. It’s well worth a listen.

https://wiaiwya.bandcamp.com/track/goldfinger

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Shirley Collins has a new album out today, Heart's Ease

[MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] - may be of interest to you

Only just seen this. Shirley Collins is a genuine music legend (and a Sussex legend at that) but I was disappointed with Lodestar and Heart's Ease is not much better. The sad fact is that she doesn't have the voice she once had - she is 85 after all - and the album suffers because of this.

The best folk album is, the always excellent, Sam Lee's Oh Wow - such a talented guy.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My newest discovery: Josephine Foster. She's been around for some time but I've only just stumbled across her and been listening to her recent album No Harm Done.

Totally endearing - she reminds me of a female Leon Redbone, the voice is clearly wildly different but there's a similar feel to her songs. They sound like they were written about 60 or 70 years ago.

Going to dig out more of her stuff, she's a total one-off

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not an Elvis fan, but thought this cover of his 2020 release looked familiar.

El1.jpg Cl1.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not an Elvis fan, but thought this cover of his 2020 release looked familiar.

It's the other way around - The Clash cover looks familiar because it's a copy of the Elvis Presley album

(the Presley album came out in 1956)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm very impressed with Ani Glass's Mirores - her debut album.

It's a bit in the Gwenno mould but a bit softer and poppier (if that's a word)

I'm a sucker for female singers and a bit of electronica

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My Gorillaz vinyl and cassette package has just arrived. Have to say, the albums get more mad with each release. Mad in a good way though; it’s packed with guest appearances.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I just took delivery of some vinyl . . . new being the Surprise Chef Album, which is very good, old being the Rainbow album. 123165441_10157237085521883_3139095861322202995_n.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
2020 has provided a lot of unique opportunities.

Re-recording that Thrash Metal demo you did in 1986 with help from two musicians from the ‘big four’ is a great example.

f8ad2119a8e4ada362bee7b7402b34a9.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here