Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2020

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Agnes Obel, the brilliant Agnes Obel, delights us all with a new offering in Feb.

Myopia.

deutsche-grammophon-agnes-obel-myopia.jpg

If that's not enough, then the wonderful (and Brighton bound in May) Nadia Reid has Out of My Province coming in March.

download.jpg

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
First compilation of 2020

https://www.mixcloud.com/The_Airing_Cupboard/mix-53/

Tracklist
1. Porridge Radio - Sweet
2. Activity - Calls Your Name
3. Katie Gately - Waltz
4. Omma - 1905
5. Deutsche Ashram - Whisper Om
6. Handle - Punctured Time
7. Terra Soror - Cannibal Thing
8. Siberian Tech House Queen - Ibiza
9. La Feline - Visions de Dieu
10. Zimbru - Terejo
11. Cold Beat - Prism
12. Tara King Th. - Shut Up Baby
13. Shopping - For Your Own Pleasure
14. Eartheater/Ieya - Mint
15. Forever - Blur

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It certainly won’t be for everyone but f*ck me, the debut M Huncho album; Huncholini The 1st, is pretty good.

J Hus has also cemented himself as one of the best all round artists in U.K. Hip-Hop too with Big Conspiracy.

Two albums that really show the depth and variety in British hip-hop right now.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Jeff Parker - Suite for Max Brown

Jeff Parker probably most famous as the guitarist in Tortoise but an accomplished jazz player and leader in his own right.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
New album "Shapeshifting" in April by the one and only Joe Satriani - cannot believe he's playing at Bexhill's De La Warr Pavilion this time in the promotional tour! The album is part-produced with Jim Scott of Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chilis fame. This track is from the album and just released as a single:-

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Best album of the year so far imho running through the speakers, Lanterns on the Lake with Spook the Herd.

May well be knocked aside later by Agnes Obel, but this album is wonderful. 14 / 16

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I've heard next to nothing this year, but I have heard Dark Matter by Moses Boyd, which is a cracker. He's finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, I've heard next to nothing this year, but I have heard Dark Matter by Moses Boyd, which is a cracker. He's finally getting the recognition he deserves.

I am all over this. Had it on repeat since Friday. It really is good...I understand he’s the producer as well. And seeing him on Tuesday.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I am all over this. Had it on repeat since Friday. It really is good...I understand he’s the producer as well. And seeing him on Tuesday.

You are now becoming a jazz head. The wonderful thing about the genre is that it is so amorphous, and attaches itself to others so, if you dig around, there's always certain combinations that hit your particular spot.
PS if you don't know them, the last two Binker & Moses albums were great, ie Alive in the East and Journey to the Mountain of Forever

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are now becoming a jazz head. The wonderful thing about the genre is that it is so amorphous, and attaches itself to others so, if you dig around, there's always certain combinations that hit your particular spot.
PS if you don't know them, the last two Binker & Moses albums were great, ie Alive in the East and Journey to the Mountain of Forever

Ha ha. I still have some way to go before I’m a jazz-head but have to say it’s something I’m really enjoying. It’s a brilliant journey so far.

I agree about the amorphous element. I have just been reading an interview with Moses and how he was mentored by Four Tet and Floating Points in a workshop he won a grant for. Whilst I can see the link between these artists there’s also a gap. I find this fascinating.

Here the article https://www.dummymag.com/features/the-art-of-jazz-a-conversation-with-moses-boyd/

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Heard something from this the other day, sounded fascinating, will get on it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The%20Slow%20Rush_Tame%20Impala.jpg

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Decent. Opening track One More Year, Breathe Deeper and Lost In Yesterday are all strong, along with the already-released Borderline which is incredibly catchy.

I feel it's a bit of a shame he didn't hold this album back until summer, because it is ludicrously summery.

Not as strong as Currents on first listen, and slightly washier and woozier, like some of his earlier work.

7.5/10

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

A new found liking of jazz and wine; 18 year old self would be shocked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here