Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have to pay to get on park 'n' ride busses on Saturday

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I see fans have to pay £5 to park and get bus tickets.

Have a feeling this will catch people out on Saturday, as loads of folk who live near Mill Road simply hop on the busses.

That said, don't know how strict the stewards will be.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Do all the bus drivers and train stations get briefings on 'transport not included' ?

Would they even know it was paper tickets only and query someone waving their season ticket??

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
To be clear, I'm talking about the park 'n' ride busses.

When you book your car (£5) you have to give your reg number AND print a ticket for each bus passenger.

That's quite a lot of faff if it's not going to be enforced.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
How do the club get away with this for cup matches, as I understood that planning approval for the stadium, was approved on condition Park and Ride was available for all games not just league games

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
How do the club get away with this for cup matches, as I understood that planning approval for the stadium, was approved on condition Park and Ride was available for all games not just league games

Well, it is available...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I see fans have to pay £5 to park and get bus tickets.

Have a feeling this will catch people out on Saturday, as loads of folk who live near Mill Road simply hop on the busses.

That said, don't know how strict the stewards will be.

Well that's the norm now for cup games is it not?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The letter s is like a London bus. You wait for one to turn up in the plural noun and then two turn up at once.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I wonder if they have thought about printing a book of travel tickets for such situations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here