Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 arrests yesterday

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The abuse was clearly hearable on tv for a period of about 5 minutes in the second half.Both Rudiger and James had monkey sounds aimed at them while on the ball.Difficult to say where from,but WSL was on camera.

Anyone in WSL hear monkey sounds ? I sure as hell didn’t. Booing ? Yes - James was getting booed every time he touched the ball after his collision with BDB and his other infractions ignored by the ref. Didn’t hear anything directed at Rudiger.

Fake news. I’ll happily be corrected when the club ban numbers from WSL for ‘monkey chants’ - many of the WSL lot would be the first to scream for a steward if anything like that happened.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Tut tut, that was a homophbic remark, l hope you told a steward!

It might not be the strongest insult but I would say is the wrong side of acceptable especially from a fan of a club that has attracted the most vile homophobic abuse over the years. Would it have been better if he had said "gay" or "homo"?

Not too mention that just a few weeks ago, assuming the guy was a regular, he would have likely been part of the rainbow sign made by the east stand.

There is a small irony that I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he'd have called Attwell a "f..... c...." but that's language and context for you...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Agree with this. James broke Burn collar bone and generally acted like a classless thug. He was booed through the game. Quite rightly. booing and monkey noises are very, very different things.

Unless dozens were making monkey noises, it wouldn't have been audible over the TV. The poster you were replying to is making it up. And I reckon he couldn't tell the difference between James and Rudiger either.

I agree with the booing,man's an absolute thug.A tv microphone at pitchside will pick up noise clearly in its vicinity,which wouldn't be heard in the stands over the booing.Give me as much abuse as you like (and I know a lot of the sheep on here will) but I know what I heard.Perhaps you could apologise when the case comes to court.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree with the booing,man's an absolute thug.A tv microphone at pitchside will pick up noise clearly in its vicinity,which wouldn't be heard in the stands over the booing.Give me as much abuse as you like (and I know a lot of the sheep on here will) but I know what I heard.Perhaps you could apologise when the case comes to court.

Sheep ? Not at all. I suspect we’ve got enough WSL representation on here to cover every WSL block, so someone is bound to be along to support your claim soon. It wasn’t anywhere near me though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

So you are saying anyone who watched on TV should have been able to hear it? in which case it uterally amazes me this hasnt been the top news story since yesterday afternoon, ever journo in the country would be all over it, if you could hear fans audiably making monkey chants.

Just think about it for a second.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Which 5 minutes - so we can all listen to it ourselves?

Cheers

https://footballhighlightspro.com/brighton-hove-albion-vs-chelsea-full-match-highlights/28358/01/01/2020/

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos/v/2020/01/01/full-match--brighton-v-chelsea--a----premier-league-highlights-NweDMwajE6DP4BR6iIF5MR8STzxCpMsZ

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Will do mate .. however i'm still sceptical

The audio for football on TV blatantly doesn't come from pitchside. It comes from the camera gantry, which is at the front of WSU. It could be someone making noises from up there, though it's far from clear that the people who were hoiked out were from that part of the ground. TV audio in football is deliberated placed so you are less likely to hear comments from individuals and more likely to hear a general buzz of what's going on.

Now of course you could pick up something like a monkey noise if dozens were doing it. Also it's more likely at an older ground where there's less separation between the media area and the fans it is also more likely.

I think you were mistaken. If you heard that, many others would have as well and it would have been in the media long before the announcement of the arrests this morning. You would have to be very certain before spreading something that serious around. But if you are certain, you're a witness to a crime. Contact the police.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
I don't understand why people would do that either, but they do. I don't agree it's "very bad news". 3 people out of ticket sales of 30,559 = less than 0.01%? And the stewards were on top of it. When you compare that to some of the goings on when we played Chelsea back in the day it's certainly not "very bad news".

I'm again going to straddle the difficult balance between sport and politics but I think what we're seeing is a bit of drunken bellendery that would have been tolerated as "banter" a few years ago now getting cracked down on, combined with a very small number of genuinely nasty people who feel emboldended by the current political climate.

Nuffink wrong with a bit of toe too toe back in the day against Chelsea. What you Tobies dont get is that its just top boys against top boys and whilst they may be tooled up dont go picking on birds kids or civaliens so no one gets hurt unless they want too. We are only defending are manor

Regards

DF

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So you are saying anyone who watched on TV should have been able to hear it? in which case it uterally amazes me this hasnt been the top news story since yesterday afternoon, ever journo in the country would be all over it, if you could hear fans audiably making monkey chants.

Just think about it for a second.

Good point - will be all over twitter of course. Just search for ‘Brighton fans monkey chanting’......

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The abuse was clearly hearable on tv for a period of about 5 minutes in the second half.Both Rudiger and James had monkey sounds aimed at them while on the ball.Difficult to say where from,but WSL was on camera.

I really don't think this ever happened. I'm in the West Stand and heard nothing but booing for James.

As for the 3 idiots who have been done, they are clearly mindless morons but as someone else posted 3 people out of 30,000 is nothing. Good to see the club is now taking a zero tolerance approach to this though. I suspect we are a LOT tougher than any other club in the Premier or Football League.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Nuffink wrong with a bit of toe too toe back in the day against Chelsea. What you Tobies dont get is that its just top boys against top boys and whilst they may be tooled up dont go picking on birds kids or civaliens so no one gets hurt unless they want too. We are only defending are manor

Regards

DF

Hilarious

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton

Don't be so bloody stupid. If that had happened (and 100% it did not) then it would have been dealt with immediately and most certainly debated on BT Sport and MOTD last night.

Give it up, you are making yourself look very very stupid.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Why do people do this? A new decade but still stuck in their old, tiny, ignorant minds.

Start the new year with a court case and finding a solicitor in what's going to be a severe punishment? They have only themselves to blame. Complete and utter bell ends.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If the club deem their behaviour unacceptable then they will ban them, see the T&Cs. The club have stated, for example, they will ban anyone who is abusive to Supporters Services staff over the phone. I’m sure most cases of this will not be sufficient for a criminal conviction but will certainly result in a club ban.

Definitely and that’s a good thing. I wonder if aggressive types, have been punished for exactly that?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Sheep ? Not at all. I suspect we’ve got enough WSL representation on here to cover every WSL block, so someone is bound to be along to support your claim soon. It wasn’t anywhere near me though.

WSL block D here. Nothing heard.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There will be more - because there have been - cases of rough justice. Unless you sit in silence (so 99% of the Amex will be ok! :whistle:), by entering a football ground in these days of heightened almost hysterical awareness, there is a risk by association, proximity etc that you can be falsely accused; or strong mitigating circumstances ignored (such as that Brentford fan experienced). Everyone has to be very very careful nowadays, the eyes of the world are on you as they are the club and any risk to brand integrity will not surprisingly be dealt with zero tolerance. I wouldn’t even risk a “FFS” when Propper shoots over either, flick v’s at Zaha etc etc because it might get misconstrued somehow. Certainly don’t chant back at rival fans as once did. Just focus on happy songs about the Albion. Because the emphasis is on you proving innocence, not the other way. Law works differently in football grounds as others have said. Swearing, even a tame profanity like ‘bloody hell’ in the wrong part of the ground might see you ejected after a complaint. Plus all the press afterwards etc, you may veryvery soon be more sorry than you can ever imagine as that can lead to dismissal from work, then lead to family split ups etc. It happens, believe me. And all because in the heat of the moment you questioned the referees birth, implied Cardiff fans like woolly animals, basically all manner of things that were everymatch chants are now classified as abuse. Simply not worth it. People need to clean up their act. 200 others singing the same thing won’t count as a defence. We have been warned so don’t do it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here