Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 arrests yesterday

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I don't understand why people would do that either, but they do. I don't agree it's "very bad news". 3 people out of ticket sales of 30,559 = less than 0.01%? And the stewards were on top of it. When you compare that to some of the goings on when we played Chelsea back in the day it's certainly not "very bad news".

I'm again going to straddle the difficult balance between sport and politics but I think what we're seeing is a bit of drunken bellendery that would have been tolerated as "banter" a few years ago now getting cracked down on, combined with a very small number of genuinely nasty people who feel emboldended by the current political climate.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
A lad in front of me in the North was pulled out by the steward's halfway through the first half.
Didn't reappear again for the rest of the game

He was taken to two policemen at the N1F stairs to the concourse and led away.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The abuse was clearly hearable on tv for a period of about 5 minutes in the second half.Both Rudiger and James had monkey sounds aimed at them while on the ball.Difficult to say where from,but WSL was on camera.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes

I find it incredible that for a club that suffers the most homophobic abuse from every set of supporters throughout the land has a fan arrested for homophobically abusing Chelsea fans! How does that work? Also a Brighton fan racially abusing a Chelsea player...what? We had this a couple of weeks ago and the guy who we have seen in the north stand for years hasn’t been seen since!

What the f is wrong with some people?

But if someone was arrested and not charged/found guilty, and the club concurred with that to their own (private property) standard, I’m sure no ban would follow.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But if someone was arrested and not charged/found guilty, and the club concurred with that to their own (private property) standard, I’m sure no ban would follow.

If the club deem their behaviour unacceptable then they will ban them, see the T&Cs. The club have stated, for example, they will ban anyone who is abusive to Supporters Services staff over the phone. I’m sure most cases of this will not be sufficient for a criminal conviction but will certainly result in a club ban.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The abuse was clearly hearable on tv for a period of about 5 minutes in the second half.Both Rudiger and James had monkey sounds aimed at them while on the ball.Difficult to say where from,but WSL was on camera.

This is absolute pony.

James was roundly booed for basically being a WWE wrestler for 87 minutes until he finally got booked. Didn't hear a dicky bird said to Rudiger

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This is absolute pony.

James was roundly booed for basically being a WWE wrestler for 87 minutes until he finally got booked. Didn't hear a dicky bird said to Rudiger

Were you watching on tv?If not,then sod off.I know what I heard.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't understand why people would do that either, but they do. I don't agree it's "very bad news". 3 people out of ticket sales of 30,559 = less than 0.01%? And the stewards were on top of it. When you compare that to some of the goings on when we played Chelsea back in the day it's certainly not "very bad news".

I'm again going to straddle the difficult balance between sport and politics but I think what we're seeing is a bit of drunken bellendery that would have been tolerated as "banter" a few years ago now getting cracked down on, combined with a very small number of genuinely nasty people who feel emboldended by the current political climate.

I'm not able to dismiss racism or homophobic abuse as "a bit of drunken bellendery"

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This is absolute pony.

Agree with this. James broke Burn collar bone and generally acted like a classless thug. He was booed through the game. Quite rightly. booing and monkey noises are very, very different things.

Unless dozens were making monkey noises, it wouldn't have been audible over the TV. The poster you were replying to is making it up. And I reckon he couldn't tell the difference between James and Rudiger either.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

A sensible and realistic post but I can think of one or two people who won't like the point you make at the end. Racial prejudice is partly driven by unfamiliarity and professional football can be proud of how it has encouraged harmony.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48692863

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here