Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 arrests yesterday

el punal

Wonder where the dividing line actually is between ‘unacceptable abuse’ and banter? And what makes the former an arrestable offence?

I would imagine when it upsets someone. Then, the perpetrator tries to defend his actions by claiming it’s only “bantz” - when it clearly isn’t.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Does this mean all BHA fans arrested banned now ?

Regardless if charged / proven ?

Yes

I find it incredible that for a club that suffers the most homophobic abuse from every set of supporters throughout the land has a fan arrested for homophobically abusing Chelsea fans! How does that work? Also a Brighton fan racially abusing a Chelsea player...what? We had this a couple of weeks ago and the guy who we have seen in the north stand for years hasn’t been seen since!

What the f is wrong with some people?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes

I find it incredible that for a club that suffers the most homophobic abuse from every set of supporters throughout the land has a fan arrested for homophobically abusing Chelsea fans! How does that work? Also a Brighton fan racially abusing a Chelsea player...what? We had this a couple of weeks ago and the guy who we have seen in the north stand for years hasn’t been seen since!

So what if mistaken identity or someone mis heard and all charges dropped ?

Still banned ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Better go lock yourself up then.

Dullard.

Herr Tubthumper: And why would that be?

WellQuickWoody: Because you have just used the word yourself.

Herr Tubthumper: rolls eyes and thinks “how juvenile”

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes

Our gays are more abused than Chelsea gays!
No they are not. You are just claiming gay abuse superiority.
Well I'll slap your arse around and you won't enjoy it like last time.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes

Like many others I have no idea, particularly the racial abuse of Chelsea players. Does this mean that this idiot will also abuse Bissouma, and any other Brighton player who doesn't sit within their bigoted views.

Deserve everything coming their way once proven in Court.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We as a club have suffered the most appalling homophobia abuse over the years whether it be at home or away.
Surely it’s not beyond our supporters to lead the way and not be the ones in the news for our fans being arrested for such abuse.
If and possibly when they are convicted I’m sure the club or media will name and shame them appropriately.
I for one have added the clubs hotline number to my phone and will not hesitate to inform them if I hear anything like that around me at a game.

Our supporters do exactly that. Apart from two obviously.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So what if mistaken identity or someone mis heard and all charges dropped ?

Still banned ?

There was a big hoo haa on here a while back over someone who was banned for some altercation. I think it was taken at the time that in football grounds you are guilty until found innocent.

A mate who was a Brentford fan was banned from their ground after abusing a steward who knocked his girlfriend over whilst trying to get at someone else in the crowd....although there was mitigating circumstances and the steward subsequently apologised through the club, the club upheld its position and banned him for 5 years. He hasn’t been near a football ground since, nor has his family or his mates all lifelong Brentford fans.

Maybe someone who knows the law can correct us, but I thought the club were a law unto themselves regarding banning!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Like many others I have no idea, particularly the racial abuse of Chelsea players. Does this mean that this idiot will also abuse Bissouma, and any other Brighton player who doesn't sit within their bigoted views.

Deserve everything coming their way once proven in Court.

They should be locked up with a bunch of gay prisoners. That will shut up their holes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Our gays are more abused than Chelsea gays!
No they are not. You are just claiming gay abuse superiority.
Well I'll slap your arse around and you won't enjoy it like last time.

Wow you are a piece of work.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Can't help thinking, the more this is reported as a problem, the more it will encourage aspiring Tommy Robinsons out there to do it.

The worse it gets, the more motivated some will be to promote their homophobic views....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was a big hoo haa on here a while back over someone who was banned for some altercation. I think it was taken at the time that in football grounds you are guilty until found innocent.

A mate who was a Brentford fan was banned from their ground after abusing a steward who knocked his girlfriend over whilst trying to get at someone else in the crowd....although there was mitigating circumstances and the steward subsequently apologised through the club, the club upheld its position and banned him for 5 years. He hasn’t been near a football ground since, nor has his family or his mates all lifelong Brentford fans.

Maybe someone who knows the law can correct us, but I thought the club were a law unto themselves regarding banning!

Clubs can ban anyone they like, in the same way pub landlords can. It doesn't have to be as a result of a police conviction.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
A lad in front of me in the North was pulled out by the steward's halfway through the first half.
Didn't reappear again for the rest of the game

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here