Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lost Chelsea Fans

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did any kind soul help the large group of Chelsea fans heading back on the Coastway West towards West Sussex instead of mainline yesterday? I assume their leader was dyslexic and confused "Lancing" with "London". I do hope they found their ways home safely. :moo:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Two Chelsea fans got off the 700 bus in Portslade yesterday. I assume it was some kind of shortcut to southwest London.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There was a lost dad & lad wearing Chelsea shirts under their jackets in the East Stand getting various comments as the kid wouldn't shut up supporting Chelsea. Eventually the dad got so much stick he got the kid to shut up.

el punal

Did any kind soul help the large group of Chelsea fans heading back on the Coastway West towards West Sussex instead of mainline yesterday? I assume their leader was dyslexic and confused "Lancing" with "London". I do hope they found their ways home safely. :moo:

Reasons?

1. Hove, maybe, to catch train from Littlehampton to London?

2. Inspired by stories of our wonderful training facilities they decided to take a gander at our Lancing base?

3. They live locally and will be getting ready for the visits of Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool so they can put on their replica kits for each occasion? :drink:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it's far more likely that they're Chelsea fans who live in Sussex.

HTH.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
C737FF12-73D8-4CF3-8009-8EF97B874AC0.gif

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I know there are a lot of things in this world to get frustrated and angry about BUT the scourge of the plastic fan is something that really gets to me - it is a reflex response that I can’t help. When we play the big 6 teams I have to check all seats near me to try to hunt them out......
If I ever get in to conversations with Sussex born and bread “fans” of big 6 teams I point out that they “follow “ their team and don’t “support” them - unless of course they actually regularly attend matches (which is a rarer occurrence than hens teeth)..........just typing this rant has wound me up!!!!!!

RID THE WORLD OF ALL PLASTICS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Reasons?

1. Hove, maybe, to catch train from Littlehampton to London?

2. Inspired by stories of our wonderful training facilities they decided to take a gander at our Lancing base?

3. They live locally and will be getting ready for the visits of Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool so they can put on their replica kits for each occasion? :drink:

Numero 3 most definately. They are just a sprinkling of the myriad of Chelsea 'fans' who live no where near London.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Numero 3 most definately. They are just a sprinkling of the myriad of Chelsea 'fans' who live no where near London.

But there are also a myriad of Brighton fans who live nowhere near Brighton.

Is this unacceptable?
Or is it only an issue where a big/top six club are concerned?
i.e. Would a Brighton fan living in Shropshire be considered a "plastic"?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Think this is bad, try growing up in Scotland. Walking to see Stirling Albion play on a Saturday past fukwits in Celtic or Rangers tops who never go to games giving you dogs abuse for supporting your local team. Even worse, seeing coach loads of these mugs going across from Stirling to Glasgow to watch them play while Stirling Albion struggled to get over 900 fans through the turnstiles used to boiled my piss.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I know there are a lot of things in this world to get frustrated and angry about BUT the scourge of the plastic fan is something that really gets to me - it is a reflex response that I can’t help. When we play the big 6 teams I have to check all seats near me to try to hunt them out......
If I ever get in to conversations with Sussex born and bread “fans” of big 6 teams I point out that they “follow “ their team and don’t “support” them - unless of course they actually regularly attend matches (which is a rarer occurrence than hens teeth)..........just typing this rant has wound me up!!!!!!

RID THE WORLD OF ALL PLASTICS!!!

I guess it is a crumb of comfort to get a slice of the action. Even if it does end up with loads of people toasting them. They should use their loaf.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

Is this unacceptable?

Interesting point but I suspect the motivation for this type of fan is not glory hunting and is more likely due to family connections.
Having said that once we break into top 6 under Potter’s helm this might change!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

My old man confused Brixton with Brighton on his first visit when I was there. Not ideal pulling over asking for directions

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They probably live in Hovis actually

He's here all week. Try the fish and tip your waitress.

I'm guessing they are desperate for Lampard to leave so they can get Mark Warburton.

el punal

Is this unacceptable?

God help you and I if the Albion ever become a BIG club. You living in Shropshire and me in Southampton. Imagine the comments - “ why can’t you support your local team, you’re a plastic, Johnny-come-lately, glory hunter” and so on. I may live in Southampton but I don’t come from there. I was brought up in Sussex, went to school there, lived in Brighton and worked there for many years, and followed the Albion and Sussex since I was eleven.

My wife, who is from Southampton, our two daughters who were born there, our two grandchildren who were born in Croydon :)ohmy:) are all Brighton fans. What right have people to criticise which football team you support? The are many and varied reasons for a fan’s allegiance and so I detest the blinkered view that all supporters must be geographically aligned to their football club - that’s just complete bollocks.

If a football supporter (a genuine one who goes to games) wishes to have a pop then aim it at the armchair TV viewer or the bloke who watches the match at the pub. Those that spout on but have never been to a football ground in their lives, and never will. They should be the target, not the ones that follow their team, which ever it may be, up and down the country, home and away and through good and bad times.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

TBF London has seen a bigger exodus than Brighton over a couple of generations. Nothing wrong with continuing to support the family football team. My daughters have never lived in Sussex but have been regulars home and sometimes away for the past twenty years. Clearly there hasn’t been much glory hunting in that period so it may not be an exact analogy. However, some at least of these Sussex born Chelsea fans may be from similarly displaced Chelsea families.As an exile for 35 years I can tell you that my family and I have absolutely no desire to support Norwich City or any of the other local teams to where we have lived.
Of course the people to whom you refer may just be Chelsea plastics, in which case, carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here