Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Peter Wright World Darts Champion

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Crazy hairstyle and clothes. At age 49 beating the best player in the world 7-3
A fantastic performance and with Fallon Sherrock's heroics in beating two of the best men darters in the world, all in all a great a great tournament.

BDO you have a lot to live up too:smile:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Crazy hairstyle and clothes. At age 49 beating the best player in the world 7-3
A fantastic performance and with Fallon Sherrock's heroics in beating two of the best men darters in the world, all in all a great a great tournament.

BDO you have a lot to live up too:smile:

BDO is Conference South compared to PDC’s PL, the standard is awful. Barely better than pub darts.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
BDO is Conference South compared to PDC’s PL, the standard is awful. Barely better than pub darts.

I proudly play for two pub teams - I can assure you, the BDO is a step up. :lolol:

Not massively, to be fair. But their maths are generally better. I was chalking the other week when a chap came back needing 69. He thumps in the treble 13 first dart, then lands a double 10 and celebrates wildly. :facepalm:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I am so happy for Peter Wright.

What a flamboyant and incredible character. The emotion he showed at the end was brilliant. I hope it's the start of many more world crowns for him. Well done 'snakebite'. :clap:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I proudly play for two pub teams - I can assure you, the BDO is a step up. :lolol:

Not massively, to be fair. But their maths are generally better. I was chalking the other week when a chap came back needing 69. He thumps in the treble 13 first dart, then lands a double 10 and celebrates wildly. :facepalm:

Was his name William O'Connor!?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Reportedly, the total prize money fund for the men's and women's BDO tournament has halved to under £200K, so that's less than MVG got for losing yesterday's PDC Men's Final.

I also understand Fallon Sherrock trousered £24K for reaching the third round of the PDC World Championships, so three times what the winner of the BDO Women's World Championship will receive.

I hear that ticket sales are only 15% of capacity following the move from the Lakeside to Indigo O2, that the organisation tasked with sourcing sponsorship have fed back businesses regard the BDO event as "toxic" while the men's No. 1 seed Wesley Harms has only ever made it to the quarter-finals once in the last 6 years, with 3 1st Round exits and two 2nd Round exits.

Apart from that the BDO is in great shape.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
With all his early exits, I heard a rumour that his nickname was Wesley 'self' Harms.

He shouldn't beat himself up so much. It's only a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here