Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation, heart v head. WELL?!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As mentioned on the AJ thread, we were veering off about relegation odds and how they're a bit strange right now.

With this season shaping up to be one of the closest ever for everyone apart from about five or six (and not the normal six) teams, I reckon this is an interesting question.

At the moment, every time it looks as if a team is totally screwed, they pull a few results out of the bag. "Upsets" are becoming more common and (Liverpool aside) every game looks winnable for even the most (Norwich) shit of teams.

SO! Who do you THINK will go down and who do you WANT to go down?

Heart:

Palace
West Ham
Bournemouth

Head:

Villa
Bournemouth
Norwich

Those of a negative persuasion, feel free to include the Albion in your predictions.

You will be incorrect though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
lol.......x games ago you would have said Watford,,,now look at there form.....same could have been said about Southampton...now look at them now.....number of teams are said to be “to good to go down”......Burnley/Bournemouth are on or have had bad runs ....Newcastle were pulling away now back in the mix...Villa media darlings ..great going forward but tend to crumble at the back...

No predictions from me at this stage ...apart from say Norwich, but even then.....

Ps and no I don’t count us out of it

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Bournemouth are going through a really bad run with injuries.

I tend to think they'll be ok. They are a bloody good team when everyone is fit. Much better than a lot down the bottom.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bournemouth are going through a really bad run with injuries.

I tend to think they'll be ok. They are a bloody good team when everyone is fit. Much better than a lot down the bottom.
They often have a mid season slump. They will be okay.

Too hard to predict, not much between the teams at the bottom.

Heart

Palace
Bournemouth
Burnley

Head

Norwich
Villa
Watford ??

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They often have a mid season slump. They will be okay.

Too hard to predict, not much between the teams at the bottom.

Heart

Palace
Bournemouth
Burnley

Head

Norwich
Villa
Watford ??

k

I'd agree with both of though although I think Southampton might stumble again.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Head

Norwich - Never really stood a chance after a summer of inactivity
Burnley - have a tough run of games that could well smash any remaining confidence
Muff - Plucky not enough this time

Heart

Villa - Grealish, nuff said
Everton - Snigger factor
Burnley - Shit fans

Special mention for Leeds (warming up for next season)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
With the likes of Leeds and West Brom coming up, it would be sad to lose the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth, which I feel are constantly punching above their weight.
It just makes the next season on paper tougher, assuming we are ok this season.

Norwich, Newcastle, and a toss up of Villa and Bournemouth for me. Burnley have an excuse to scrap their way out of trouble again IMO

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I don't think we will be relegated but at the same time I believe we will lose many more games and will finish just above the bottom 3. Right now we are experiencing a period of unexpected points. There is a down turn coming.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bounemouth due to injuries and to shut up the media for a year.
Newcastle due to owner and a bit because their fans I know were dicks when they pipped us to title after we went on holiday for 3 games.
Norwich because I think they will go down, continue to play good football and have more fun continually being in the playoffs. Plus I'd like to pinch their RightBack.

I always wish palarse will stay up to keep the derbies going, but only by a single goal difference and below us obviously.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Heart

Palace
Arsenal
Southampton

Head..I said at start of season

Watford
Norwich
and Southampton. Won't change the first two, but will replace Soton with Bournemouth

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I don't think we will be relegated but at the same time I believe we will lose many more games and will finish just above the bottom 3. Right now we are experiencing a period of unexpected points. There is a down turn coming.
Now that is the spirit we want around here!

Albion playing football in the style of Barcelona/Man City against Chelsea is definitely too good to last.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

' A period of unexpected points !!! '
Man U ( a )..........LOST
Leics ( h )..........LOST
Livpool( a )..........LOST
Arsenal a )...........WON
Wolves( h )..........DRAW
Palace ( a )..........DRAW
Sheff U( h )..........LOST
Spurs ( a )...........LOST
Bmuff ( h )...........WON
Chelsea h )..........DRAW

10 GAMES = 9 Points...............Hardly inspiring stuff.....If there is a downturn coming, we are fooked.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
' A period of unexpected points !!! '
Man U ( a )..........LOST
Leics ( h )..........LOST
Livpool( a )..........LOST
Arsenal a )...........WON
Wolves( h )..........DRAW
Palace ( a )..........DRAW
Sheff U( h )..........LOST
Spurs ( a )...........LOST
Bmuff ( h )...........WON
Chelsea h )..........DRAW

10 GAMES = 9 Points...............Hardly inspiring stuff.....If there is a downturn coming, we are fooked.

You drew from a sample of 10 games. I wasn't thinking of a down turn with that many games.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Heart
Brighton , every time .
Arsenal , aftv would explode .
Bournemouth, it could be their time .

Head
Brighton , potterball will deflate.
Norwich , lose too many leads .
Burnley , will do a stoke .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here