Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Dracula

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Well that was different, the who's next bit will live long in the memory, did NSC partake?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes enjoyed that.

Few great things on this Christmas

Dracula
Christine Keeler thing
Christmas carol.
Dr Who

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Yep, thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the nun was excellent, looking forward to tomorrow 's episode. Anyone know how many there are?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I think I enjoyed it, was quite dark. Can definitely see Mark Gatiss's influence on the whole thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"I'm undead not unreasonable".

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The convent bit was brilliant stuff , not sure Dracula is supposed to crack you up but he managed it superbly without it being too slapstick .

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
loki-the-vampire-cat-12-326x235.jpg

If you saw my cat in the mornings you wouldn't worry about the entertainment value of an old count.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
A bit of a jump from episode 1 to 2 but still cracking stuff. And the end of episode 2, totally unexpected. Could be a good last episode to finish it off.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Been away for New Year in France with friends, saw some of the first episode and it was a bit long winded, did not listen to all the dialogue as was drinking heartily …. I recall there was so much yakking between the senior nun and Dracula that went on and on... FFS, tell him " You are not wanted here, piss off " and then lock the gates,doors and windows and have the nuns room in pairs, one sleeping, one awake covering with a crucifix and wooden stake and rotate. simples

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Been away for New Year in France with friends, saw some of the first episode and it was a bit long winded, did not listen to all the dialogue as was drinking heartily …. I recall there was so much yakking between the senior nun and Dracula that went on and on... FFS, tell him " You are not wanted here, piss off " and then lock the gates,doors and windows and have the nuns room in pairs, one sleeping, one awake covering with a crucifix and wooden stake and rotate. simples

That was the highlight of E1 for me. The malevolent danger as she endlessly taunted him, uninvited, testing the legend that keeps him at bay. I actually watched it a bit drunk the other night, but watched it all again tonight properly, as I knew there was a few bits I'd missed first time (I must've dozed in that vampire baby bit - fookin'ell). Its terrific, but it demands attention. I've recorded E2, and as I have stuff-all to do tomorrow, I'm very much looking forward to watching it in the morning.

The writing is excellent, the production impressive, the performances enjoyable. This is why I have no qualms at chucking a few bob at the BBC. Sometimes, they come up with a corker like this.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is why I have no qualms at chucking a few bob at the BBC. Sometimes, they come up with a corker like this.

As such are the complexities in the modern world this is actually a co-production between BBC and Netflix.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Interesting way to learn a foreign language.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here