Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's worst signing of the decade

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Interestingly I’ve just been looking at overhead kick goals on the what a goal thread. CMS scored an absolutely blinding overhead and yet hindsight still dictates that replacing Murray with him was our biggest mistake of the decade.

Can Ali J move on from general nothingness to cult hero on the back of his own bicie? Let’s hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That aged well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agustien was a disgrace to all professional footballers

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Interestingly I’ve just been looking at overhead kick goals on the what a goal thread. CMS scored an absolutely blinding overhead and yet hindsight still dictates that replacing Murray with him was our biggest mistake of the decade.

The "giving away Murray" bit was much worse than the "buying CMS" part of that imo.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I imagine both the uselessness and the cost would have to be taken into account. A waste of space that costs nothing or comes (and goes) on loan is less of a disaster than an expensive buy that doesn't work out.
Kemi or Elvis pretty much just cost us their wages, I think - still a waste of money, but obviously less of a waste of money than a multi-million pound player who can hardly get in the team - and doesn't look all that when they do.. That could easily have been Jahanbakhsh up until the last week - very much hope he will now go on to prove that he really is value for money. That goal today was superb - but ....... Tommy Fraser once scored one like that too!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I imagine both the uselessness and the cost would have to be taken into account. A waste of space that costs nothing or comes (and goes) on loan is less of a disaster than an expensive buy that doesn't work out.
Kemi or Elvis pretty much just cost us their wages, I think - still a waste of money, but obviously less of a waste of money than a multi-million pound player who can hardly get in the team - and doesn't look all that when they do.. That could easily have been Jahanbakhsh up until the last week - very much hope he will now go on to prove that he really is value for money. That goal today was superb - but ....... Tommy Fraser once scored one like that too!

I think all that it proves when a team pays wages above the value of a player that the player has a good agent who got him a good contract.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
.....That goal today was superb - but ....... Tommy Fraser once scored one like that too!

I've just discovered that Tommy Fraser was the grandson of Richardson Gang enforcer Mad Frankie Fraser. I had no idea.

According to The Sun when Tommy was asked by a local Brighton-based journalist if his granddad ever attended his games, Fraser replied: "No, but he reads your reports and he was unhappy you only gave me six out of 10 last week." It was said that Fraser was never rated less than 7/10 by the local paper again.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I think that we should get a sign put on the Amex facade that says "Top 6 Ready". That would be the worst sign of the decade?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Locadia, close the thread. FBS or Pete Tong are both world class DJs and would have been cheaper than that joker.

The no dickheads rule needs to be extended to include ‘must actually care about football’.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Pound for pound, it can only by big jurg.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Letting Muzza go in favour of CMS (a player that would fire us straight up to the prem) was the worst decision made in the last 20 years, never mind this decade! A player that was never going to suit our style of play.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Arguably his goals kept us up last season though. For me it was CMS given who we lost when we got him. An upmarket but still not top of the Championship quality Alex Revell, and let’s not forget he was our record signing by some margin when he came here. He certainly wound me up with his ball control more than any other player in this decade, probably because of the price tag and that he wasn’t a patch on Murray.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As others have said he directly contributed to 4 incredibly valuable points, last season, and larruped us towards Wembley.

Not something the likes of Kemy, loanee Leon not the, Danny Holler (sp) who I quite liked, Elvis, et al can claim.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here