Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Record amount of points to go down

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
The way things are going and with bottom teams all starting to pick up points, i think this season could see a team go down with 40 or more points.
And there are plenty of teams it could be

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The way things are going and with bottom teams all starting to pick up points, i think this season could see a team go down with 40 or more points.

Been thinking this for a couple of weeks now

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Nah..40 you stay up and 38 could well be enough but don’t push yer luck with that one.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The way it’s going it could easily be 40.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Newcastle's XG suggests they will collapse in the 2nd half of the season.

For us, we need to win the massive home games vs Villa and Watford, and look to win at Bournemouth while they struggling with Brooks and co injured.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yea it's been almost 20 years since someone went down with 40+ points but this could really be the year. The supposedly good teams are dropping a lot of points.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
I really wouldnt rule sheff utd out of it aswell, currently on 29 points they have not yet had a bad run of form. Lose 2 or 3 on the bounce and they are right in the thick of it.
Look at us this time last season

D

Deleted member 2719

Yeah, you have a point, but that's going to feck up the bedwetting tracker.:tantrum:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We have 7 winnable games now that we really must make the most of. If we do we should pull away quite comfortably. If we don't, we're in trouble!

Exciting season. Premier League is great to be part of this season. More like the Championship bar Liverpool.

D

Deleted member 2719

We have 7 winnable games now that we really must make the most of. If we do we should pull away quite comfortably. If we don't, we're in trouble!

Exciting season. Premier League is great to be part of this season. More like the Championship bar Liverpool.

What I love most about this season is competing properly against top 6 sides, we worry them.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Newcastle's XG suggests they will collapse in the 2nd half of the season.

For us, we need to win the massive home games vs Villa and Watford, and look to win at Bournemouth while they struggling with Brooks and co injured.

Newcastle right now remind me very much of us at the same stage last season.

They scraped a few lucky results in the first half of the season but play poor quality football. The fans are unhappy with what they are seeing and they have the additional pain of a terrible and hated owner.

If they only get 11 points from here on in, as we did, they will be down this season.

I think Bournemouth could be in real trouble as well.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What I love most about this season is competing properly against top 6 sides, we worry them.

Absolutely. We have a lot of options now and are so flexible in our approach to games under GP. Must make it that bit trickier to prepare before playing us. Id imagine part of the improvement Bloom was looking for was to actually compete and give ourselves more of a chance against the big teams. It's a shame considering how much GP has transformed us - and so quickly - that we're so close to the drop zone, but fingers crossed we'll pick up a healthy amount of points over the next 7 games.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Current estimate from extrapolation is 36pts (with decent GD) needed to stay up.

Quite likely it will be those 36pts, or perhaps 37pts, come the end of the season.

We will be well clear.

D

Deleted member 2719

Current estimate from extrapolation is 36pts (with decent GD) needed to stay up.

Quite likely it will be those 36pts, or perhaps 37pts, come the end of the season.

We will be well clear.

I think our goal difference is still very good considering we do take risks at the back, I am sure Burn's absence won't affect that much, as all that get the chance appear to take it under Potter, so far.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It feels like every year we get a mixture of people proclaiming this year we'll definitely need more than 40 points to stay up, and people saying we'll only need 36.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here