Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burn 6-8 weeks per Argus

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Burn has time to mend properly, Bernardos performance today would have been pushing him for his spot anyway.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Barely even a foul according to Twatwell but it was so reckless and unnecessary. Well deserving of the boos all game. Thug.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Shame for Burn. Always been steady this season. For what it’s worth, I thought it was a 50 : 50 ball that both players had their eyes on the ball only. DB came off worse but no intent or foul by James.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Shame for Burn. Always been steady this season. For what it’s worth, I thought it was a 50 : 50 ball that both players had their eyes on the ball only. DB came off worse but no intent or foul by James.

That’s exactly how I saw it when it happened
Thought it was just a strong challenge from James
Be good to see it again though

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He has been great but was always a provisional solution, it was starting to be right time for Bernardo anyway. What worries me though is that this might mean a unhealthy dose of Bong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was a lot of force in the challenge - one of them that back in the day would be considered a good challenge. In my book it is full blooded and fair / part of the game but the rules have moved on - it was unnecessary that’s for sure. So will we be back in for James in Jan? :lol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Was a lot of force in the challenge - one of them that back in the day would be considered a good challenge. In my book it is full blooded and fair / part of the game but the rules have moved on - it was unnecessary that’s for sure. So will we be back in for James in Jan? :lol:

Oh, is he the Luton player we were linked with? Missed out there then!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great shame for Burn but as stated we have adequate cover.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The first thing to say about this is get well soon BDB. Been brilliant filling in out of position this season.

Bernardo will have the chance to stake his claim and there is every reason to believe he will perform to the high level that Burn has been doing.

I'm interested to know how GP sees the situation about cover at Left Back now. Does he regard Alzate as able to fill in there? He has given Bong time this season so maybe any plans to move Gaetan out on loan will be put on hold, will we see him on the bench? Has Cochrane done enough in the u23s to be promoted into the first team squad?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A few minutes before BDB was taken out I saw William down doing his nut about a broken leg (that healed very quickly) and BDB went up to him to apologise. I hope this wasn't revenge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barely even a foul according to Twatwell but it was so reckless and unnecessary. Well deserving of the boos all game. Thug.

Call me paranoid but if that tackle had come from a Brighton player a yellow at a minimum and no Albion player would have got away with four other bad tackles before they got booked. Big club ref...again

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Call me paranoid but if that tackle had come from a Brighton player a yellow at a minimum and no Albion player would have got away with four other bad tackles before they got booked. Big club ref...again
Big club ref is the exact thought I had all game, only took him 80 minutes to realise he has cards. Awful performance. Some said letting the game flow, but wheres the consistency?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here