Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton - Chelsea

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ryan 7 - good

Burn 5 - yes he was left in a rough spot but still didn't do too well in possession
Webster 8 - excellent performance
Dunk 7 - also good but wasn't best friend with the ball today, could have been costly
Montoya 6 - defensively good but I hate when he gets the ball

Mooy 6 - not his best day but still a decent job
Propper 4 - people will grade him between 3 and 8 and I understand it. Many of his actions are either pure class or tragically wasteful. Today he was good for us but tremendous for them.
Bissouma 5 - I didn't know what he was doing and neither was he, yet not too bad because he is simply quite skilled

Trossard 7 - first half a steady four, second a strong 8. He is something special and I can't wait until he is fully adapted.
Maupay 9 - no goals but world class movement, hold up play, vision and pressure. Kept the whole Chelsea defence busy all day. Very Henrik Larssonesque player. Brilliant.
Alzate 7 - massive performance defensively but after having had a few shots narrowly missing earlier in the season you could see his confidence in the final third is lacking.

Bernardo 7 - a bit rough around the edges but good performance and you really see the potential. If Burn is out for a while I think Bernardo will settle as the logical no 1 choice on left back.
Connolly 7 - close to an 8. So difficult to play against as he sees himself as the only player on the pitch meaning the only way to stop him is to bring him down or muscle him off.
Ali J 8 - decent performance overall and the goal adds two points to my rating. I was hoping for another winger signing in January but as i see it now I think it's just better to give this guy the chance every now and then.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't think Webster or Dunk were particularly great today, more that the opposition was too good as opposed to them having a bad day.

Bernardo was good, Trossard got into it, Mooy was tired. Alzate need to learn to shoot, Propper was solid, Montoya ok, although gave Propper a few half arsed passes.

AJ gets 11 for the goal of the season. everyone else 7ish

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan 7 mr consistency, a real modern keeper who is so good with his feet
Montoya 6 much better second half
Dunk 7 solid performance against the best young striker in the country
Webster 7 benefitted from a rest in my opinion, can be a little too casual I. His distribution
Burn 6 under a lot of pressure from James(Boo!) we looked stronger with Bernardo
Mooy 6 didn’t get to play his natural game but grafted hard
Bissouma 6 couldn’t really get a hold in the game but he has had a very good Christmas
Propper 5.5 when he is good, he is very good, when he Is bad he stinks the place out as he looks too casual with poor concentration. Improved drastically in the second half
Alzate 7 having a great season so good on the ball, won’t be long before he gets his first goal
Maupay 7.5 MOM he is a real grafter and looking like a great creator as well as scorer. Got a nasty edge and that is no bad thing in our jolly nice team
Trossard 6.5 drifts out of the game but he has so much class that every game he has those touches that transform games
Connolly 7 love this guy, never stops, aggressive, hardworking and kept Chelsea very busy
Jahanbakhsh 7 done all right I suppose in the last couple of games. What a stung goal and a lovely bloke. The team were so happy for him
Bernardo 7.5 contender for MOM. I thought he did really well and kept James very very busy which blunted Chelsea
Potter 8 tactically astute and knew w head to change something, he is very ambitious with his subs and uses them so well.
Crowd - a bit subdued first half but lifted team second half
Reece James - what a prospect, fierce, strong and he made a great pantomime villain, would have loved to sign him.
Ref - pretty good all said and done
VAR good to see it not get a mention.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Ryan 7 - good

Burn 5 - yes he was left in a rough spot but still didn't do too well in possession
Webster 8 - excellent performance
Dunk 7 - also good but wasn't best friend with the ball today, could have been costly
Montoya 6 - defensively good but I hate when he gets the ball

Mooy 6 - not his best day but still a decent job
Propper 4 - people will grade him between 3 and 8 and I understand it. Many of his actions are either pure class or tragically wasteful. Today he was good for us but tremendous for them.
Bissouma 5 - I didn't know what he was doing and neither was he, yet not too bad because he is simply quite skilled

Trossard 7 - first half a steady four, second a strong 8. He is something special and I can't wait until he is fully adapted.
Maupay 9 - no goals but world class movement, hold up play, vision and pressure. Kept the whole Chelsea defence busy all day. Very Henrik Larssonesque player. Brilliant.
Alzate 7 - massive performance defensively but after having had a few shots narrowly missing earlier in the season you could see his confidence in the final third is lacking.

Bernardo 7 - a bit rough around the edges but good performance and you really see the potential. If Burn is out for a while I think Bernardo will settle as the logical no 1 choice on left back.
Connolly 7 - close to an 8. So difficult to play against as he sees himself as the only player on the pitch meaning the only way to stop him is to bring him down or muscle him off.
Ali J 8 - decent performance overall and the goal adds two points to my rating. I was hoping for another winger signing in January but as i see it now I think it's just better to give this guy the chance every now and then.

I rate Trossard a bit lower and Bissouma a bit higher.

I don’t know how Ali gets anything less than a 9 really. Scored the goal, gave a pinpoint pass to Maupay that he should have scored for 2-1, gave an excellent pass to Connolly that Aaron did well to get on goal and would have scored on a lesser keeper, was aggressive and dribbled people as well as got well-placed free kicks, and dramatically sharpened the team’s precision all in the relatively few minutes he was on the pitch.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I thought Trossard was poor today as he gave the ball away far too often. A class player no doubt but he looks tired and will benefit from a week off.

I thought Bernardo did well when he came on.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Maupay was 9 working so s hard for the team deserved a goal
Ali 7 great goal not on long enough to get more points
Bernardo 8 great effort coming on for Burn and changed the game
Bissouma 5 not his best game
Everyone else 6

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 7 - didn’t do anything wrong, and his kicking was better today
Montoya 6 - not bad, but given the run around by Pulisic at times. Got forward when possible.
Webster 8 - very good, one slip aside.
Dunk 8 - very good again.
Burn 6 - the system left him exposed and then he went off injured. Hard to mark him higher
Propper 8.5 - made the odd mistake, and Potter’s initial system left him with almost no passing options, but when we changed system absolutely everything good went through him and he moves the ball so much quicker than our other options in this position. Good defensively too.
Bissouma 5 - not comfortable in the shuttling role and he got crowded out in possession too easily. Improved with the initial formation change though.
Alzate 6.5 - has a horrible first 30 minutes, but improved dramatically with the formation switch and as the game wore on. Complemented Propper very well second half, keeping the ball in tight areas.
Mooy 6.5 - struggled to get into the game in the 10 role and then got moved right to cut off their left full back. Offered some moments of real quality but struggled to get into the game effectively.
Trossard 6.5 - worked hard and showed a couple of moments of class, but got too easily bullied by James when he moved left and lost the ball too often. Also, not a striker.
Maupay 6.5 - hassled relatively well but picks the wrong option too often and takes too long to get his shots off. Also needs to work on his first touch because the ball bounces off him far too regularly.

Subs
Bernardo 7 - rusty at first but grew into the game, offering us a good offensive option on the left
Connolly 8 - offered so much movement, pressing and relief by holding the ball brilliantly. He needs to start in this team.
Ali J 9 - came on and scored a worldly. The only reason he’s marked down is because he ballooned another presentable chance over the bar when he should’ve kept his head over it.

Potter 7 - the starting system didn’t work and it took far too long to change considering the impact on our shuttling midfielders and the space it gave their full backs. Stopped the rut with a switch to 433/451 and then took a big gamble with 442 which paid off.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 6 -- not much to do, but good with his feet again
Montoya 6.5 (1st half 5, 2nd half 8)
Webster 7.5 -- the odd poor pass, but he did an awful lot right, and used his pace to bale the team out a fair bit
Dunk 7.5 -- did well against a tough opponent
Burn 5
Mooy 5.5 -- looked jaded, which isn't really surprising
Bissouma 6.5 -- thought he was one of our better performers in the first half
Propper 6 -- mixed bag; why is he so poor at shooting?
Alzate 6 -- kept it moving well, needs to shoot earlier
Trossard 6 -- quiet for most of the game, but flashes of brilliance
Maupay 8 -- amazing work rate, rapid, a really important player for us

Bernardo 7
Connolly 8 -- amazing work rate, rapid, helped shift the tempo of the game
Jahanbakhsh 9 MotM -- stunning goal, and plenty of other excellent contributions

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Already great variance in the ratings for Propper.

I’d love to know what an independent pundit thought, who’d genuinely watched the entire match.

Strange question to ask.
It wasn't his best game, he gave the ball away and got tackled a few times in the first half, but was much better in the second.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Connolly totally changed the game, his pace and tireless running pushed Chelsea deeper and allowed us to play from the back. Also potter totally changed the game aswell, Jorginho totally ran the game in the first half he was always their spare man, he was marked out of the game second half. Bravo to both.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Strange question to ask.
It wasn't his best game, he gave the ball away and got tackled a few times in the first half, but was much better in the second.

Not strange at all. Through biased blue tinted specs some thought he was poor today, others incredible.

Away from vested positions, I’d simply like to know what the likes of the TV punters thought. Good or bad.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can we Propper really dividing opinions. I am a Propper fan but thought he was poor today. As was Montoya. We desperately need to go for a right back and a striker in Jan.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Ryan 6 -- not much to do, good with his feet but kicking distance a real weakness
Montoya 6.5 pretty good esp second half
Webster 7.--better game than recently, good on ball
Dunk 6.5 -- lost Zouma for their goal and Abraham gave him a tough time
Burn 5- looked uncomfortable
Mooy 5.5 -- off the pace - no doubt tired
Bissouma 5- poor half
Propper 7.5- best overall performer, worked very hard with great touches
Alzate 6 -- ordinary first half and got better
Trossard 6.5 -- quiet but some good work
Maupay 7.5 -- hard graft and nearly scored

Bernardo 7- looked more accomplished than Burn
Connolly 7.5 -- good worker, upped the tempo and nearly scored
Jahanbakhsh 8.-- brilliant goal, and made two chances in his brief cameo

Stephens was badly missed in first half when we struggled for control

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan - 7 - distribution generally good. I can’t really remember him making a big save
Montoya - 6 - decent performance but he’ll be glad to see the back of Pullisic
Dunk - 7 - excellent first half, some goal saving interventions, poor second.
Webster - 7 - much better. I still prefer Duffy but he was excellent in the second half
Burn - 5 - was given a torrid time by William and James
Propper - 6 - worst game in a while. Still a great on the ball when he has time but found it hard with Kante snapping at his heals
Mooy - 6 - looked leggy and Lampard’s tactics starved him of time on the ball
Alzate - 7 - I love this kid. Such a complete football. Unlucky not to score first half and great defensively
Bissouma - 5 - rightly sacrificed at half time. Never in the game
Maupay- 7 - worked exceptionally hard. Such an unselfish player
Trossard - 6 - some flashes of absolute genius but still doesn’t look 100%

Bernardo - 7 - we looked so much better balanced when he came on
Connolly - 7 - added some extra energy. Drew a world class save from Kepa
Jahanbakhsh - 8 - MOTM. Delighted for him. What a goal

Potter - 8 - I lost count of how many systems we used. Got all of his substitutions bang on.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lots of over marking due to the last half hour.IMO.
We were mostly awful in the first half.

Ryan 7. He is having a great season. Did nothing wrong and a lot right.

Montoya 5. Lots of defensive lapses first half. Got better in the second half

Webster. 5.5. Don't rate him that highly tbh. Would rather Shane was playing against the top teams.

Dunk. 6. Did well against Abrahams in a really tough battle. Passing was way down on his usual standard

Burn 5. Hope he is ok, but the injury worked in our favour. Bernardo should be 1st choice

Bissuma 4.5. Wanted him and Propper to start. Was glad they did... But Biss stunk the place out.

Propper 6 First half 5 second half 7. He remains our best centre mid, not at his best today.

Mooy 6. Some good, some bad. Was surprised to see him make way for Jahanbaksh.. but what do I know?

Alzate 6. Much better than his more experienced peers in the first half.

Trossard. 6. Gets a lot of stick for losing the ball. It doesn't bother me because invariably it is from trying to create an opportunity rather than poor technique/play. Not his day today, but he scares the hell out of opponents.

Maupay 8 MOTM. I don't always get him, but he was exceptional today. Excellent hold up play and tireless running. Gave Chelsea no end of headaches. Top notch

Bernardo 7 really good performance - skilful and hard working. We are better with him.

Connolly 5.5. He will be very good in a couple of years, but needs to be stronger. Easily muscled out of promising situation. Should look to Maupay to see what's required.

Jahanbaksh 7.5 - well well well. Looks like we signed a decent player after all. What a goal!! Making his case for the starting berth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here