Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Attitude - Ali J

I'm sorry, but Ali J's attitude has been exemplary. He is what most players should look to when things are not going their way. What a turn around and a fantastic goal today to boot.

When you look at those tw*ts *cough* Locadia *cough* who seem to not give a toss, then you really do respect and appreciate even more so, how much of a determined, professional and down right bloody nice guy (I've met him a couple of times) and now, decent player we have on our hands. I do think Potters belief and coaching in him has made him become an important member of the squad, which I find interesting.

Long may his and our form continue.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Last Friday I spent a small fortune on diesel and Ginsters pasties and programmed the Sat Nav for Tehran.

What am I supposed to do now FFS?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fans attitude - less so.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Came across as a really lovely humble bloke in his post-match interview on BT Sport.

Did it make you feel a bit bad? :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did it make you feel a bit bad? :lol:

They probably feel bad about the choice of effigy they had at Mod Towers bonfire celebration.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Last Friday I spent a small fortune on diesel and Ginsters pasties and programmed the Sat Nav for Tehran.

What am I supposed to do now FFS?

I was training for a pilots license so I could fly him there myself. Waste of time and money.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm sorry, but Ali J's attitude has been exemplary. He is what most players should look to when things are not going their way. What a turn around and a fantastic goal today to boot.

When you look at those tw*ts *cough* Locadia *cough* who seem to not give a toss, then you really do respect and appreciate even more so, how much of a determined, professional and down right bloody nice guy (I've met him a couple of times) and now, decent player we have on our hands. I do think Potters belief and coaching in him has made him become an important member of the squad, which I find interesting.

Long may his and our form continue.

What the hell are you sorry for? If there are apologies necessary, they're not for pointing out the blindingly obvious which has been stated by Potter throughout the season. Was it last month that he played in the under 23s game, got an assist and still was being slagged off by many.

As I said after the goal against Bournemouth, you're only as good as your last performance so there'll be plenty of positives for now. But wait until a game or two goes by he's either not getting on the pitch or scoring goals and you'll see the same comments trotting out again.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
At work today....popped out to the loo for literally one minute and when I come back AJ has scored a worldie.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Because you’ve been one of his harshest critics on here tbf...!

1. Without wasting time going back to my previous posts to get specific quotes, I'd said he didn't seem very good. That's because he'd not been very good.

2. I also said, many times, I wanted him to be good because the Albion spending c£15m on flops isn't in my best interest as an Albion fan.

3. He's now put in two very decent shifts, scoring one of the best Albion goals I've ever seen, and I couldn't be more delighted.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
As Crouch said on TV could just be the start of a long run of assists and goals

Time to start the New Year with a free name and number offer for Ali J shirts in the club shop me thinks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here