Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Have we signed Mooy on a permanent deal yet?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would assume the league offices aren't open until 2nd January to register any signings. I wonder which club will be the first to sign and register a player.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Would assume the league offices aren't open until 2nd January to register any signings. I wonder which club will be the first to sign and register a player.

that is certainly worth a reasonable amount of conjecture...

who do you think?

theboybilly

I would imagine that if the window opens today there will be somebody at PL HQ to deal with the paperwork, the same as when extensions were allowed late at night on the final day long after Jim White had gone home

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
If Mooy was brought to the club, bearing in mind he had just signed a contract extension at Huddersfield, and did not have a price agreed at the end of the loan then someone needs sacking. Dan Ashworth?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
If Mooy was brought to the club, bearing in mind he had just signed a contract extension at Huddersfield, and did not have a price agreed at the end of the loan then someone needs sacking. Dan Ashworth?

Yes it was agreed. See Mooy thread.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really, really hope so.
If we don't someone else will.
Players can play for a maximum of 2 clubs in a season. He played for Huddersfield at the start of the season before he joined us.

See Locadia, and Andone, and why only the clubs they are loaned to can sign them this month.

A player like Mlakar on the other hand, did not play for us before he went out on loan, so could in theory be recalled and sold/loaned elsewhere.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'm not sure why we are fretting about not getting him. My understanding is that we have first dibs on Mooy at the end of the season at a pre agreed price. Why would we buy in January when we can buy in the summer?
This keeps the player on his toes. The only caveat is that we are not relegated from what I've read re the terms of the contract.
We just need to keep our nerve, stay up and do the deal at the end of the season.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure why we are fretting about not getting him. My understanding is that we have first dibs on Mooy at the end of the season at a pre agreed price. Why would we buy in January when we can buy in the summer?
This keeps the player on his toes. The only caveat is that we are not relegated from what I've read re the terms of the contract.
We just need to keep our nerve, stay up and do the deal at the end of the season.

Yes, but that assumes Mooy will want to sign. Just because we have first dibs doesn’t mean he would want accept our offer. Ultimately the power lies with the player post Bosman.

Yes he’s playing well, yes he loves it here but if a Mickey Mouse team from China came along and offered to treble his wages.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, but that assumes Mooy will want to sign. Just because we have first dibs doesn’t mean he would want accept our offer. Ultimately the power lies with the player post Bosman.

Yes he’s playing well, yes he loves it here but if a Mickey Mouse team from China came along and offered to treble his wages.......

Post Bosman isn't until 2022. He is our player until May regardless (see the clip from the Huddersfield Examiner earlier in the thread)
Whether he will return to them or sign for us (or anybody else) is in the lap of the gods.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Post Bosman isn't until 2022. He is our player until May regardless (see the clip from the Huddersfield Examiner earlier in the thread)
Whether he will return to them or sign for us (or anybody else) is in the lap of the gods.

if brighton have loan contract signed correctly it sdn't be down to lap of the Gods. he has to stay

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I predict we will sign him permanently for about £3.5m this January.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If Potter sees him as a key player to his style [I think he does] I'm sure he'll want to make him permanent at the earliest opportunity.

The only reason I can see for delaying to the Summer is in case he suffers a career-ending injury - but even then, don't we insure our players for this loss of asset value?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here