Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ian Holloway new Grimsby Manager

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Might go and see Crawley v Grimsby on Jan 25th - if Massive knock Albion out of the cup.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Worst Albion experiance of my life was at that hole.After getting of at Grimsby and having to walk miles in the pouring rain to the ground in Cleethorpe, then had to witness Chris Ramsey deliver a performance that a blind man would be ashamed of - we lost 5-0.It was then that I realized if the world was going to have a supository it would stick it in Grimsby. Cold,wet and disilutioned and thanking god however bad the Goldstone got we would never name a stand .............The Findus Family Stand or now more appropriatley FFS. :ffsparr:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good luck to him - I *always liked the wurzel

*apart of a couple of misguided years up the road
Wasn't he in charge for Poo Gate when he had more than enough time to put right the slur against The Albion?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Worst Albion experiance of my life was at that hole.After getting of at Grimsby and having to walk miles in the pouring rain to the ground in Cleethorpe, then had to witness Chris Ramsey deliver a performance that a blind man would be ashamed of - we lost 5-0.It was then that I realized if the world was going to have a supository it would stick it in Grimsby. Cold,wet and disilutioned and thanking god however bad the Goldstone got we would never name a stand .............The Findus Family Stand or now more appropriatley FFS. :ffsparr:

Hmmm....some of us 'travelling seagulls' had a lovely weekend at the end of one season (apart from the result and the relegation that followed). It was quite sunny and, as we were in a North West facing stand and the sun was setting on my left, I ended up with half a burnt face :facepalm:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

The day we got relegated was no fun either.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

I got ambushed on the way back to the station after that game and got a right old kicking. Probably my worst away trip of all time :down:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I got ambushed on the way back to the station after that game and got a right old kicking. Probably my worst away trip of all time :down:

Ambushed ? You were up for it I bet.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
As a Grimsby fan I’m pretty chuffed with this. Comes across brilliantly in his initial interviews / press conference as you would expect but for a struggling, unfashionable League Two side to attract an ex-Premier League manager with his experience is quite a coup.

I’m generally against older, journeyman-type managers but the very fact he doesn’t need to be be here suggests he genuinely wants to be, although Christ knows why!

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
One of my happiest away days was a midweek trip to Grimsby in the 80's. 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go the local herberts giving it large and then the Albion score 4 to win 4-2. Alan Biley scored 2 of them I remember!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good luck to him - you've got to admire the bloke's enthusiasm; but a shame in a way - I'd rather see more of him as a pundit - such an upgrade from 95% of the pundits we get these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here