Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Mechanic/Repairs etc help required

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Arundel to Worthing area, any mechanics/body repairs people you trust/recommend?

Car has a few bits that need looking at, including a couple of lovely dings on the bodywork.

Also, got a strange one in that the catch/hinge on the passenger seat sun visor has broken, and I've only been quoted ludicrous figures to get it sorted.

Any and all help hugely appreciated - before anyone decides to be clever, I'm fully aware Google exists. I want word of mouth recommendations, and NSC can be brilliant for this.

Apologies for the boring thread so please enjoy the photo below;
_105958804_gettyimages-1134686571.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sivtech - based near Pulborough but Worthing lads that will come to you.

Either you edited while I posted this or I mis-read your post. The above won't do body repair, but can do mechanics

Last edited:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Arundel to Worthing area, any mechanics/body repairs people you trust/recommend?

Car has a few bits that need looking at, including a couple of lovely dings on the bodywork.

Also, got a strange one in that the catch/hinge on the passenger seat sun visor has broken, and I've only been quoted ludicrous figures to get it sorted.

Any and all help hugely appreciated - before anyone decides to be clever, I'm fully aware Google exists. I want word of mouth recommendations, and NSC can be brilliant for this.

Numerous "smart repair" franchises about, Chips Away is one that springs to mind, depends on the size of the dent and critically whether the paint has been broken Maybe ask at your local motor factor or main dealer showroom for a recommendation as a lot of garages use this type of repair system on used, low margin used cars. It's simply too dear to put the car through the bodyshop. Maybe Ebay or similar for the sunvisor bit, you don't say what car it is. Providing it's not a Maserati or Bentley that'd be my first port of call.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure they do body repairs but they will certainly recommend someone.

https://swiftmotors.co.uk/mot-testing/

I have always found them to be honest and reasonable. Two branches, the one I use are in Station Road. Anything mechanical they should be able to do

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

Numerous "smart repair" franchises about, Chips Away is one that springs to mind, depends on the size of the dent and critically whether the paint has been broken Maybe ask at your local motor factor or main dealer showroom for a recommendation as a lot of garages use this type of repair system on used, low margin used cars. It's simply too dear to put the car through the bodyshop. Maybe Ebay or similar for the sunvisor bit, you don't say what car it is. Providing it's not a Maserati or Bentley that'd be my first port of call.

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Google for Dentz Worthing. Used them before for paintless dent removal, would recommend. That's assuming the dings haven't broken/cracked the paint. Although i think they handle smart repairs too.

Jul 7, 2003

Chips Away were quite expensive when I last tried to use them.

I would recommend Russell Martin's brothers place by Fishersgate station (name escapes me but others on here also recommend them). Good job and much cheaper than other places.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here