Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] RIP Brighton and Hove Calendar

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
2020 is 'The 20th and final edition' according to the front cover. Such a shame. Was always an eagerly-anticipated annual fixture. This year's is no exception. With knobs on. No spoilers except to say the photography is stunning as always, and there's a sort of bonus material Greatest Hits section at the front, including some iconic Albion stuff. Oh, and instead of the usual plastic bag, this year's comes in a handy sturdy recycleable envelope. Perfick for the annual task of mailing abroad to ex-pat chums. Will probably be available for a couple of weeks yet from the stall in Kensington Gardens. Maybe even at a slight discount. Even if it's not discounted, it's still only £8.99, ot £15 for two. Essential purchase for those who need reminding of the date for Burns Night (25 Jan), Australia Day (26 Jan) or the Hindu festival of Vasant Panchimi (29 Jan).

Footnote: the calendar printing rights are being handed over to an 'art collective' so the calendar may well continue in some form or other, but seemd only right and proper to applaud 20 years of classic calendar work by the current design and production team :clap2:

Edit: more details at www.brightonphotography.com/calendar

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
2020 is 'The 20th and final edition' according to the front cover. Such a shame. Was always an eagerly-anticipated annual fixture. This year's is no exception. With knobs on. No spoilers except to say the photography is stunning as always, and there's a sort of bonus material Greatest Hits section at the front, including some iconic Albion stuff. Oh, and instead of the usual plastic bag, this year's comes in a handy sturdy recycleable envelope. Perfick for the annual task of mailing abroad to ex-pat chums. Will probably be available for a couple of weeks yet from the stall in Kensington Gardens. Maybe even at a slight discount. Even if it's not discounted, it's still only £8.99, ot £15 for two. Essential purchase for those who need reminding of the date for Burns Night (25 Jan), Australia Day (26 Jan) or the Hindu festival of Vasant Panchimi (29 Jan).

Footnote: the calendar printing rights are being handed over to an 'art collective' so the calendar may well continue in some form or other, but seemd only right and proper to applaud 20 years of classic calendar work by the current design and production team :clap2:

Shouldn't this nomination be on the 2020 Celebrity Death thread!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Superb pix. I may even order one (and I'm not a calender person). :thumbsup:

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Sad to see it go. It has been a staple in our household from the start. Will also have to start thinking of something else as a stocking filler for my wife.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Such a shame, if it had been long and thin in shape, l would have bought one & put it on the kitchen wall. Unfortunately though it just looks too big.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Does it have the May Bank Holiday listed as Monday, May 4th, or Friday, May 8th?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

No Chinese New Year Of The RAT!? I'm out

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That is a shame. I used to buy one every year. It always had some really interesting shots of the city.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My 2020 arty-farty Klimt calendar is wrong, it has the usual Monday

It also cuts into the prints where the hook is .... how naff, no doubt Printed In CHINA a year ago

I am doubly OUTRAGED and will get a Brighton & Hove one

Sort yerself out there mate. Get yerself down to Kensington Gardens or order one online from OP link.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Picked one up today, chatting with the guy, there are only a few left and he reckons he will be sold out in next week or so. As TP mentioned, it will be taken over by a collective and they will have the same spot in Kensington Gdns next year.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The calendar is always a must have in my house shame to see it go in its current guise (although I suspect the people taking it over will honour the traditions it has built up). There were rumours the calendar would end when the North Laine Photography gallery closed back in 2011 so its great it got an extended run. The Brighton Book they produced is a fantastic collection of photographs to, highly recommended if you can find a copy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here