Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] 31/12/29

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Come on then let’s have your predictions and some kind soul can dredge this up in 10 years and see how wrong we all were.

Where will the Albion be on this day in 10 years time ands what else will the decade bring? More VAR? England winning a major tournament? All games televised? Breakaway European League??

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Consistently hovering between 5-10th in the PL and had a couple of Europa league seasons. Manager Bruno being touted for the Barcelona job though as we enter the 2030s.
VAR being properly and sensibly used, but after 2-3 more seasons of fine-tuning that were terrible. Pitchside cameras on rails whizz up and down keeping level with play, all players permanently microchipped so their position can be 100% accurately determined at point of impact. 500-strong VAR team in Silicon Valley tracking all movement and decisions displayed on screens. Refs and linos no longer needed.
Breakaway European League formed but no English teams included (BREXIT means BREXIT Regards DF etc). Celtic and Rangers are in it from an Independent Scotland though (both get routinely hammered)
Sir Graham Potter knighted after winning the World Cup with England in 2026, Captain Lewis Dunk retires from football after scoring the winning header in the final

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
29 year old Aaron Connolly will be earning fifty million a week at Real Madrid, Heart FM will still be playing Ed Sheeran records and Ruel Fox will be President for Life of the United Kingdon :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If I'm still alive in ten years I'll be surprised and delighted.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
31/12/2029

England are current World Football Champions having beaten Germany in the 2026 final on penalties.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
We’ll be a top 4 team playing in the newly converted 60000 seater Amex Stadium. A pie and a pint will cost £21.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
When I saw the thread title, my initial thought was that it must be Crodo's 90th birthday today.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
League One CPFC2025 will be struggling at the foot of the table, with a ten-point deduction for going into administration for a breach of fair play rules.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
23:59 31st December 2029

To celebrate BG's 1 millionth post on NSC, Bozza will mark the occasion by presenting him with an new Apple Macbook Pro.

00:00 1st January 2030

Thread: "Laptop help needed"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I expect in 10 years time we'll have a faster, improved version of VAR, a European League, all matches streamed, I wouldn't be surprised if ticket prices were a similar price to now as the Premier League realises big match atmosphere increases pay per view sales.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more safer standing and better co-ordination around singing sections.

I expect there to be a lot less variety in teams making it to the Prem as clubs manage parachute payments better, and I expect the Albion to be one of those clubs that will either be in the Prem or consistently in the Top 6 of the Championship.

I also fancy we might make a Cup Final somewhere along the way.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Jahanbakhsh in tears on the Amex pitch as he scores his second goal for the club.

On the 1st of January, 2020, his first of many in the next decade for the club he loves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here