Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What is your best album of the Decade ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What is your best album of the Decade ?

For me, this needs little thought, it is

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

So good, nothing else came close

You ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hard to pick one but I will;

Tycho - Awake

A synth trip classic released 2014. In turns ethereal, pounding and utterly sublime.

It’s been my gym soundtrack for a few years now.

I also enjoyed Daft Punk, has that on the stereo more than a few times

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think this has to be my best song of the decade. "Not being human after all " took it's toll. The end scenes giving up on the robotic lifestyle has a deep emotional connection. Sheer genius from Daft Punk, being the last track on the album and nothing heard from them for 6 years, sadly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vrDNtc0wJc

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

I really can not remember any new group or person that has been to my taste, this decade.

I personally think it's been the worse decade for groups and very few will last into this next decade.

Of course I could just be getting old.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Other Aspects (Live At The Royal Albert Hall) - Paul Weller

May not be new music, but a new sound as orchestration is added to Paul Weller's songbook, (including a few Jam classics).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I looked through the whole of the NME top 100 of the 10s and can only pick out the Suburbs by Arcade Fire and Born to Die by Lana Del Rey as albums I know and like :down:

I will give the number 1 AM by the Artic Monkeys a listen but everything I’ve heard of theirs has always left me cold, but hey ho if it’s arguably the best album of the decade I’ll give it a whirl

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I struggle to name my top records each year let alone the decade; I listen to and love lots of stuff so it is difficult. But The Suburbs comes to immediate mind...after checking it was this decade. I said at the time it is a complete album: the music, the lyrics, the albums narrative, the art work, the moment in the bands trajectory/career etc were all perfect. I still stand by this. I also saw them on the tour as well and they are one band I think actually work as good in arenas as they do smaller places....arguably better.

I saw Let England Shake mentioned as well. That’s a very good call. Jon Hopkins Immunity also.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I struggle to name my top records each year let alone the decade; I listen to and love lots of stuff so it is difficult. But The Suburbs comes to immediate mind...after checking it was this decade. I said at the time it is a complete album: the music, the lyrics, the albums narrative, the art work, the moment in the bands trajectory/career etc were all perfect. I still stand by this. I also saw them on the tour as well and they are one band I think actually work as good in arenas as they do smaller places....arguably better.

I saw Let England Shake mentioned as well. That’s a very good call. Jon Hopkins Immunity also.

Let England Shake is a good call but, at present, I'm struggling to see beyond these two:
Michael Kiwanuka -- Love & Hate
Ty Segall -- Manipulator (although I'm waning a bit on this one)
The one that is really creeping up on me is A Moon Shaped Pool

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here