Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Jessie J

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It’s been another stellar decade for British music as our new generation of artists have pushed the boundaries further and cemented our place as one of the great countries for music., but just who has been the British music artist of the decade?

???

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Oh, you mean singer. When you said artist I thought you meant... you know... an actual artist.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe it’s just my taste but I would reach for the off button on the vast majority of those artists if they came on my radio.

Whilst I accept that Ed Sheeran and Adele are fine artists, they have been so overplayed that I hate every one of their songs that I know :smile:

Stellar Decade of blandness :thumbsup:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
81prMRodzjL._AC_SX425_.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh, Ed Sheeran has done well for himself and seems a decent fella, but looking down that list I don't think you can really say it's been a vintage decade.

Stormzy has been ok if you like that sort of thing

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Classic decade-of-two-halves for me. Murs dominated the first half and Sheeran swept aside all others in the second. So as they can't be split I'll vote for Jessie J - just spectacular on The Voice.

Once again Great Britain punches well above its weight in terms of musical geniii.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You might not like then or you might ‘pretend’ you know or like none of their songs but these are the acts who have smashed it out of the ballpark in the decade and earned huge success not just in the UK but worldwide.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Adele, Ed Sheeran, Rag and Bone, they will be the ones around in 20 years

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No Stormzy?

He can feel a shade unlucky to be left out but he’s only really made a true contribution on the past 18 months.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ed Shearer.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Adele is ok the rest are rubbish. None of the rest would have even made it into the top 30 in the 1979’s or 80’s.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jeremy Deller.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Rag and Bone Man and Sam Smith are the only two there I would have any time for. Ed Sheeran gets on my t1ts.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
This list is painfully white. How Stormzy and Dizzee Rascal haven’t appeared but Rag’n’Bone Man and Jess Glyne have is a little concerning.

The answer is Adele btw, she’s got the two best selling albums of the decade and didn’t complain about not going to uni on either of them - http://https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22960-divide/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here