Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Prescription Ski Goggles

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have tried contact lenses and I don't get on with them. My eye sight is now at a point where it would be dangerous for me not to have prescription goggles. Has anyone on here had any experience with inserts and can make any recommendations?

Much appreciated.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Eddie managed just fine

main-eddietheeagle.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You can wear prescription oakley's under the googles?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have prescription snorkeling googles. I went to a diving shop locally and gave them my prescription and they ordered the goggles for me. They don't have inserts they are made like glasses are. This was a few years ago now and even though my prescription has changed it doesn't really matter for snorkeling.

Maybe go to a ski shop and ask them if they can do them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have tried contact lenses and I don't get on with them. My eye sight is now at a point where it would be dangerous for me not to have prescription goggles. Has anyone on here had any experience with inserts and can make any recommendations?

Much appreciated.

No idea if they do ski goggles, but I got my (impact protection, prescription) Bolle cricket ones, from www.sportseyewear.co.uk and I couldn't fault them.

edit; yes they do https://www.sportseyewear.co.uk/sno...es-a15-v/sort=p.sort_order/order=ASC/limit=20

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For 3 of my family, we’ve repeatedly used Rockspex:
https://www.sportsprescriptionglasses.co.uk
Run by a qualified optimist, with a quick turnaround. In essence, it’s a prescription insert, after you supply him with an up to date prescription. We bought the initial 3 inserts, with 3 pairs of Bolle goggles from him just to make sure they fit. After that, the goggles themselves have been used for years with or without inserts.

My daughter didn’t like them, as it’s another layer to steam up. So now uses contacts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here